Purple People Eater Sh*t itself today

So I keep forgetting garrett stuff, but the gt42 means 83mm turbine right? and the 02 is the exducer on the compressor? So it's a touch smaller than a 4202?

The 'normal' GT4202 has a 75/102mm compressor, and an 82/75mm turbine. There are various versions of the 102mm wheel with smaller inducers though.

I suppose you do know the feeling lol, thanks.

It really seems like Garrett naming is as bad as Volkswagen wiring

Last two digits is the compressor major diameter, the frame number is roughly half of the turbine major diameter. Easy peasy.

I'm quite confident my 24v was well past 700hp with my GT37/GT42 twins. It had a Tial 1.01 housing on it.

So cylinders on new block might not clean up, it's already 020 over. If it needs it, should I go 040 over or just sleeve it back down to stock? Will head or anything else need modified if sleeved?

So cylinders on new block might not clean up, it's already 020 over. If it needs it, should I go 040 over or just sleeve it back down to stock? Will head or anything else need modified if sleeved?

The head won't need any modification if you sleeve it, it also seems like the crowd is split on sleeves. I would think you could find a better block for the cost of putting in 6 sleeves. Just my. $.02

The head won't need any modification if you sleeve it, it also seems like the crowd is split on sleeves. I would think you could find a better block for the cost of putting in 6 sleeves. Just my. $.02

I remember the thread about sleeving a while ago, figured I'd ask again.
There isn't much for blocks around here. Say I have to do 030 or 040, will it last at 700hp?

I remember the thread about sleeving a while ago, figured I'd ask again.
There isn't much for blocks around here. Say I have to do 030 or 040, will it last at 700hp?

You can talk to Chase (longhorn859) with his 6.7L that's sleeved and I think making north of 1200hp. I bet he'd have some details for you and he's usually willing to share info

I know its an apples to oranges comparison due to locations, but it was $200 to sleeve one hole in my block. So that would be $1200 for 6 if they don't do a price break for doing so many. Could find a running motor for that price.

I know its an apples to oranges comparison due to locations, but it was $200 to sleeve one hole in my block. So that would be $1200 for 6 if they don't do a price break for doing so many. Could find a running motor for that price.
Damn, even if it's half that, phuck that.

Again apples to tomatoes, but we run 40 over in the race truck (common rail block) at about double the power you are asking for. The monotherms do more block damage then anything else (they like to egg shape the bores)

Again apples to tomatoes, but we run 40 over in the race truck (common rail block) at about double the power you are asking for. The monotherms do more block damage then anything else (they like to egg shape the bores)

I think you're one of the ones I remember from the other one. It seems like it doesn't really matter, people have made big power on both setups. I've decided if it comes down to it, I'll just go .040 over.

Is anything else different about the pistons to account for different displacement/compression? Or are they just the slightly bigger diameter?

Back