Put down 977 rwhp

gsdog1

Professional Novice
Went to Danville Performance Wednesday and strapped the 04.5 to their Dynojet. Ended up laying down 977 horsepower and 1,662 foot pounds to the rear wheels on diesel fuel only. De-aired the tires and strapped it down, reinflated the tires, and also had over 1,100 pounds in the bed of the truck to keep it nailed down.

The first run got cut short at 826, as the engine and frame flexed to the point that the fan hit the shroud. Once we got that figured out, we lit up the dyno with the 977 run, followed by 942.

I can't for the life of me get a picture uploaded, so the dyno sheet is in my photo gallery over on DTR - Message - Dodge Diesel, Diesel Truck Resource Galleries

I am running 360 stock cubic inches , which works out to 2.7 horsepower per cubic inch on regular old DF2 fuel.

Special thanks to the following people - you guys helped with the selection of parts and gadgetry not to mention answering all of my silly questions!

Brandon "Joe Farmer"
Don at F1 Diesel
Chris at Relentless Diesel
Nathan at MPI
Tim at TRE Diesel
Bob at Wagner and Associates
Opie at Intelligent Engineering
Dave at Ultimate Transmission
Doug "Jetpilot"
Christian "Cquestad"

Oh, and the truck still gets driven to the grocery store too. :bigsmile:

Very cool Matt! We'll get started on the next one as soon as the cam shows up!

What are you using for injectors, cam and programming?

Flux 5s, Helix 2 and a combination of SMARTY TNT/r, TST, and EZ. I used the TST to set the timing at 6*. I got lots of info from others on this front, and it really worked well for me! Timinva laid down some serious power going this route, and I figured it would do the same for this truck which it definitely did.

Are you willing to give anymore details about your setup? Turbos, head work, how much boost, etc

Flux 5s, Helix 2 and a combination of SMARTY TNT/r, TST, and EZ. I used the TST to set the timing at 6*. I got lots of info from others on this front, and it really worked well for me! Timinva laid down some serious power going this route, and I figured it would do the same for this truck which it definitely did.

How are the EGT's? I must have some programming issues with mine. I can't get much over 800 and have the following,

smarty revo/ Dr. P Race
flux 5.1, Stainless bodies
full race head- ported, valves, springs, retainers
silver 64/ S480
stud girdle/ 12 valve rods
modded rail
dual cp3's -PPE I think
625's, orings
ported ats exhaust manifold
fluid dampner
cold air intake
BD intercooler
Banks Race intake horn
diesel pro's 108 cam (largest drop in, made for faster spool up)
electric fans
rail cap
180/200 lift pump
built auto tranny

I'm probably forgetting a few things, what the hell am I doing wrong? I'm waiting to put the water meth on...

X2 Does the EZ do rail pressure? or whats the purpose of it with the stack.

Awesome numbers!!! What kinda tranny/clutch is it going through?

How are the EGT's? I must have some programming issues with mine. I can't get much over 800 and have the following,

smarty revo/ Dr. P Race
flux 5.1, Stainless bodies
full race head- ported, valves, springs, retainers
silver 64/ S480
stud girdle/ 12 valve rods
modded rail
dual cp3's -PPE I think
625's, orings
ported ats exhaust manifold
fluid dampner
cold air intake
BD intercooler
Banks Race intake horn
diesel pro's 108 cam (largest drop in, made for faster spool up)
electric fans
rail cap

I'm probably forgetting a few things, what the hell am I doing wrong?

Have you tried the TNT tune as apposed to the revo? HUGE difference on my truck!

good lord, 977?? must be fun seeing someone try and pass you and you just haul tits past them. haha

Here's the important stuff -

Dual CP3s from Relentless Diesel
MPI Compounds sporting a 64/71/13 over a gated Super Dave
Flux 5s
Helix 2 cam with Sportsman springs
Standard ARP studs
Banks intercooler
FASS
Dave Fleenor's ultimate auto tranny, with Opie's fat shafts and a triple disc converter
Stock cubes, block, and head

MMAguy - the EGTs are pretty well in check with the gated primary charger, the cam, and the intercooler. Have to think that you have the hard parts nailed down, and might want to look at the programming. TNT/r is incredible!

Boost wise I am hitting around 80 - from memory.

The EZ adds pressure.

I honestly need to do some tweaking and more fine tuning to make sure the truck is running as efficiently as it can. IMHO, there's no more in this setup, and I was flat floored when I was told what I hit on that second dyno run.

And yessirree, it's a blast to drive!

Very nice setup. Was the cam worth the swap?

Here's the important stuff -

Dual CP3s from Relentless Diesel
MPI Compounds sporting a 64/71/13 over a gated Super Dave
Flux 5s
Helix 2 cam with Sportsman springs
Standard ARP studs
Banks intercooler
FASS
Dave Fleenor's ultimate auto tranny, with Opie's fat shafts and a triple disc converter
Stock cubes, block, and head

MMAguy - the EGTs are pretty well in check with the gated primary charger, the cam, and the intercooler. Have to think that you have the hard parts nailed down, and might want to look at the programming. TNT/r is incredible!

Boost wise I am hitting around 80 - from memory.

The EZ adds pressure.

I honestly need to do some tweaking and more fine tuning to make sure the truck is running as efficiently as it can. IMHO, there's no more in this setup, and I was flat floored when I was told what I hit on that second dyno run.

And yessirree, it's a blast to drive!

Props to Ya!!

Is that #2 only?? If was in here, I missed it....sorry

Yes David #2! Very good job.... MMA guy,, what are you settings on the smarty?

Back