Quadzilla?

Hillshire

Friend of mine has an 01. It's bone stock except for a Quadzilla chip that he put on it. I don't know if we are not tuning it right or what but my lord that truck has no balls. It pours smoke (which is something we want to get rid of) so I know that we changed something but its got no power. Are we tuning it wrong? We went to the custom tune and created a good tune but it's still ridiculously slow.

Any thoughts or advice appreciated! Thanks

Forgive me if I seem ignorant with this, but how do I check and see if it's working?

Last edited:
With the truck off, turn the key far enough for it to crank for a second but not long enough to start. If the lift (or supply) pump is working, you will hear it run for around 20 seconds, then stop. Or better yet hook up a fuel pressure gauge right before the VP44.

An ADR fuels really hard down low. If you just go from idle to WOT it will smoke like a pile of tires on fire and go no where. Roll in the throttle build 4-5lbs then let it eat. Is he running a factory charger?

Is it stick or auto? If its an auto then they are just slow especially without a j-hook for the turbo. If its stick, get a boost elbow.

Back