Question about my setup

tractorguyacb

Local Diesel Nerd
i have a 2000 24 valve. I have bd 75 horse injectors, a bd super b, and a quadzilla xzt. Lift pump is a raptor 150. I am running 13 PSI WOT. My question is that i think that i am running low on boost. With the WG line crimped. I can only hit 33 PSI. I did a boost leak check with an adapter that i made, and i can not hear any leaks. What am i missing? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Harold

Sounds low to me. Stock with a edge juice + attitude I was hitting constant 28psi sometimes if things were just right Id hit 33psi. Then when I went to twins and a 50 horse injector I seen less boost and worse mileage. That was because I didnt have enough fuel to spin the turbos up. I would say ur missing something but, if you did a leak down then who knows. Before I read that u did a leak down I was going to say check your intake gasket I blew one and it was hanging out the side. Hope that helps$.02

Ok thanks, I will do some more work tomorrow. I was thinking a possibility that i dont have enough fuel, but i dont know how to tell.

do not forget 19 psi is factory max presure for boost 33 psi is good but do you have boost fooler if not truck will cut fuel and stop boost presure any questions you can call noble high performance wolcott ct or pm me

According to the specs online, the quadzilla XZT is a boost fooler too. THnaks for the offer, if i need help, i will definitely call you

Sounds low to me too. A friend's 2001 24 valve with intake, exhaust, Edge Comp, 75 hp sticks and Air Dog 150 went past a 35 psi gauge. Stock turbo, just put a boost elbow on it. No additional foolers.

You wont gain much if any by going more than 33psi. My old 01 had a drag comp with 150 hp sticks and it would hit 45psi with the wg plugged off. With the boost elbow still on it, it would hit 32psi. I couldnt feel a SOP difference by plugging it off and hittin 45psi.

That lil 35 is at about its limit at around 35psi.

He's got a Super B...

Your 33 psi is a lot more (and cooler) air than 33 psi from a HX35

You still have some more fuel left on the table, either get bigger injectors or get a box that taps the pump for the additional fuel. Like a TST that would stack with your Quad.

He's got a Super B...

Your 33 psi is a lot more (and cooler) air than 33 psi from a HX35

thank you!! man.. its not all about boost.. its also about how much air you are moving. if your only moving 50lb min of air at 33psi with your hx35 and moving 65lb a min at 33 psi with your BD turbo.. your better off.
(im not a turbo expert.. and not saying those are the ACTUAL numbers. just threw out some numbers as an exaple)

Oh right I was thinking the special...still could use more fuel though.

Back