Question about racked barrels

I'm going to rack the barrels on my 95 in a few days while it's on the dyno. I'll be curious to see what it does, hp-wise. Truck is pretty clean smoke-wise as-is, so I should see a good gain I would think, should be able to use all the extra fuel.

Keep us updated. I'm looking at doing this too, it will be interesting to see HP numbers

It's been around 2 years since I did mine. Truck runs strong. Also racked the barrels in my dads 05 12 valve and his truck has been running great for the last 10k, both trucks have a smooth idle.

Young gun what does your setup consist of now? I've been thinkin on rackin the barrels on mine too.

i like power, and i like mileage.....

im on the fence, cuz i know i can spin these twins alot harder then the 40psi im seeing now... but i can hold it on the floorboard all day and the hottest it gets is *1300

Young gun what does your setup consist of now? I've been thinkin on rackin the barrels on mine too.

5x.022's .020 dv, 5kgov, no plate, rack plug, racked barrels, AD150 26* 66mm turbo, h2 cam. All on a 160 pump. Lol

5x.022's .020 dv, 5kgov, no plate, rack plug, racked barrels, AD150 26* 66mm turbo, h2 cam. All on a 160 pump. Lol

I'm just curious whats your max egts at wot? Seems like a lot of fuel for a lil 66.
I haven't racked my barrels yet cause I'm already way too hot and smoky as it is. It'll have to wait till after I get my twins built I guess lol.

I'm just curious whats your max egts at wot? Seems like a lot of fuel for a lil 66.
I haven't racked my barrels yet cause I'm already way too hot and smoky as it is. It'll have to wait till after I get my twins built I guess lol.

Don't have an egt gauge. Probably over 1800 pretty quick

The DV holder is 90 ft-lbs, which I think is what you're thinking of. The ones that hold the barrel in place look like a 10mm stud, which would be in the 25 ft-lb range.

This. I misinterpreted the part. Thanks for the catch.

Racked the barrels tonight and damn its smooth. Just have to turn idle down.

Sent from the recliner butt naked

Took it for a test drive today and like it.

Sent from the recliner butt naked

I'm going to rack the barrels on my 95 in a few days while it's on the dyno. I'll be curious to see what it does, hp-wise. Truck is pretty clean smoke-wise as-is, so I should see a good gain I would think, should be able to use all the extra fuel.

Bump for results.

-Dustin-

I racked the barrels on my truck in my sig this spring. 160pump, rack plug, no plate, 191s, 4k springs. Did 673hp on the dyno this fall with a little fuel left. Adding bigger dvs next year and some more air to try for 11.50s or better.

Back