Question for DHRA

Summit

I noticed you guys took the July 12th pull off the schedule at Sandy Downs.
ive heard you canceled and ive heard your still coming,
just looking for a yes we are, or no we are not answer.

i know some of you guys dont like them or want to bash them for whatever reasons but what other organization comes around here that has payouts and is diesel only? the way i see it everyone should show up whether its to pull or just to spectate to show support so we can keep them coming back.
i think if they would of advertised a little more and had the show later in the day (look how many came that night for the United pull) more people would show.

i know some of you guys dont like them or want to bash them for whatever reasons but what other organization comes around here that has payouts and is diesel only? the way i see it everyone should show up whether its to pull or just to spectate to show support so we can keep them coming back.
i think if they would of advertised a little more and had the show later in the day (look how many came that night for the United pull) more people would show.

I agree. One of the reasons they canceled it was because nobody showed up at the 1:00 show (to hot) and the 7/12/08 one was scedualed at the same time 1:00. They are still planing on having the 2 Ogden pulls and SLC 8/16/08

1:00:badidea:

Have to figure LOTs of folks work on Saturday, and even the guys that don't... at 1:00 they are probably in the middle of doing work around the house.

Around/after supper time is "family" time/beer time and that's a good time for pulls... kinda why every other pulling outfit does it like that.

I don't have a problem with the DHRA, I just didn't like the comment that Larry Knight made to me about half way through the show. I can understand being frustrated with some of the things going on, but to tell someone asking what they thought to not even ask, and that they're not happy at all, isn't the best thing to do in my opinion. Just wasn't prefessional to me. Now, I traveled from Grantsville Utah, and I don't even have a truck, just to support the pull, and help out in any way I can. I also look forward to having more pulls in the future and will do the same for them. I also agree that 1pm is a bad time, they only did it that way because of the evening pull for United.

I also agree that 1pm is a bad time, they only did it that way because of the evening pull for United.

should be lesson learned right there, stands were packed!!!! at least giove it another shot seeing how many people showed that night.

I agree guys, I wish we could do another show in Idaho Falls in the evening, but, that's easy to say when it's not our money on the line, it's DHRA's. We really need to continue to support the DHRA at these other shows though so you guys can get a paycheck and keep the sport moving in the right direction out here.

You guys hit the nail on the head about all your posts,and with the limited sleds out your way we are limited to when we can have a show. 1:00 was our only option. We lost alot of money that weekend and had alot of negative feedback from some of the pullers about rules so we decided to not have the one next weekend. We cannot or will not have a pull with no rules and then have a payout which is what some wanted. We are willing to change some rules for you guys but everybody has to agree on it, not one person or shop, and we will not change the safety issue( driveshaft loops) I do not get on here everyday so if you have a concern email me at kyle@dhraonline.com Thanks Kyle

You guys hit the nail on the head about all your posts,and with the limited sleds out your way we are limited to when we can have a show. 1:00 was our only option. We lost alot of money that weekend and had alot of negative feedback from some of the pullers about rules so we decided to not have the one next weekend. We cannot or will not have a pull with no rules and then have a payout which is what some wanted. We are willing to change some rules for you guys but everybody has to agree on it, not one person or shop, and we will not change the safety issue( driveshaft loops) I do not get on here everyday so if you have a concern email me at kyle@dhraonline.com Thanks Kyle

The only rule I see that might need to be changed and alot will agree is the 1" of suspension travel, most other orgs let you run blocked or solid, so thats what everyone has. Also for the drive shaft loops as far as I know every org makes you have them except on stock class

In the street classes I teched one truck that had driveshaft loops, maybe there was a couple more but I helped tech most of the trucks. As far as the suspension, we might change it if I got enough emails about it, but I dont really want to if that is the only thing that needs to be differant from our other series. Im suprised they allow that in a street truck, I dont think there is any orgs that allow it here. Thanks Kyle

In the street classes I teched one truck that had driveshaft loops, maybe there was a couple more but I helped tech most of the trucks. As far as the suspension, we might change it if I got enough emails about it, but I dont really want to if that is the only thing that needs to be differant from our other series. Im suprised they allow that in a street truck, I dont think there is any orgs that allow it here. Thanks Kyle

well count me in on the wanting the solid blocked suspension i have both but prefer to solid block.... also i know alot of people that prefer to solid block

both united and rmpa that pull here allow it so that is what most run neither of them have the 1" travel, also like on the water meth kits they allow you to drain the tank and pull the line, that takes 2 min rather then you guys wanting the whole system off, what is the reason behind that

kmk people can find various ways to hide other lines for the water meth i would say just take it out so no one can accuse you of any cheating and i am also for solid block suspensions

kmk people can find various ways to hide other lines for the water meth i would say just take it out so no one can accuse you of any cheating and i am also for solid block suspensions

well your right there I guess there is always someone out there that has to cheat to pull, heck I just want to get a good pull in with out smoking a clutch

Back