Question for programmers

Sawed off

Party Like A Rockstar!
Ok I heard a little rummor about the ford dealership. My step brother works over there and I was asking him about programmers. The guy that he has for a diesel mech over there is very picky when it comes to Modding your truck. But I really want to get a SCT tuner. My Question is, He said something about when you go there for work done, the ol computer can determine if you had it reprogrammed, on the other hand he told me that it takes so many cycles to delete the code off the computer. Does anyone know how many cycles it takes to do this??

Your best bet is to remove the tuner a week or two before a dealer visit although its not possible if you are broken down on the side of the road.
This is also not going to erase all indications of a tuner, I have read that a good tech can always tell if a vehicle has been programed if they want to look hard enough

On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) Drive Cycle Description

ani_caut.gif
CAUTION: Strict observance of posted speed limits and attention to driving conditions are mandatory when proceeding through the drive cycle.

Note: Vehicles equipped with power take-off (PTO) or auxiliary idle control must have that system disengaged before the OBD drive cycle is initiated.
The primary intention of the OBD drive cycle is to clear the DTC P1000 and to satisfy the specifications for the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) specification J1979. Each OBD monitor must run during the drive cycle.
If the drive cycle is completed and P1000 is not cleared, repeat the entire drive cycle. If a particular step is interrupted, simply repeat the drive mode. If the drive cycle is interrupted with a key-off, only drive modes that were incomplete must be run.
Rough road conditions may prevent certain steady state conditions and steady accelerations from validating the transmission and load-related monitors.
Drive Cycle Procedure:
  1. Key ON. Do not crank until the WAIT TO START light cycles, or at least 10 seconds, whichever occurs first.
  1. Start the engine. Idle in PARK or NEUTRAL for 40 seconds.
  1. Before continuing, engine oil temperature (EOT) must exceed 60°C (140°F).
  1. The following outlines the appropriate conditions for running certain OBD monitors that require the engine to be under load:
    1. Accelerate steadily to third gear (M/T use fourth gear) and hold at 1,500 RPM for 3 seconds. Accelerate steadily from 56 km/h (35 mph) to 105 km/h (65 mph) over approximately 15 seconds (M/T 11 seconds minimum).
    1. Repeat Step 4.a. three times while maintaining the conditions in Step 4.a.
    1. Before proceeding, turn all accessories off and disengage tow/haul/overdrive cancel.
  1. Idle the vehicle for 20 seconds in PARK or NEUTRAL.
  1. Key OFF.
  1. Start the engine. Idle in PARK or NEUTRAL for 40 seconds.
  1. Repeat the Quick Test.
Note: If P1000 is present after running the drive cycle:
  • Repeat Step 4.a., being certain to maintain a minimum mass fuel desired (MFDES) of 35 mg/stroke above 2,000 RPM for 11 seconds. Also, maintain a minimum MFDES of 30 mg/stroke above 2,800 RPM for at least 6 seconds.
  • Repeat Step 8. MFDES must remain below 12 mg/stroke for 11 consecutive seconds.

Last edited:
Back