Question, Need Help Rather Quickly

Mudn_1

Sweet Home
02' 2500. Truck interior is Gutted including Fuse Panel inside. Everything as far as underhood Fuse box and Engine Wiring, ECM and PCM Still In Tact. Truck Will not Charge. I have Tried A Few things, but I am on a time Crunch Getting Ready to race Saturday and dont have the time to Figure it out. Does anyone Know where I need to Get input or ground or what did I take out of the equation causing this?

Truck is a Ppump24v, everything was fine last year, but dash wiring was still in tact.

just charge the battery good and run it. possible the crank sensor or alt?
i know on the older trucks if the crank sensor didn't rear it wouldn't charge..

Just put exterior regulator on alternator and run new wires works good

Take a charger to the track and charge between rounds...easiest and fastest fix for the weekend.

Get you a jumper wire with alligator clips on both ends. One clip needs to be pretty small. On the back of the alternator are two small studs. Connect the small clip to the TOP stud and connect the other end to the positive post of the battery. This should force the alternator to charge. Basically, with it jumpered like this, you're bypassing the PCM control.

I ran mine like this for @50 miles one night right after my conversion when I had a wiring problem. It never offered to over-charge. Just keep an eye on the volt meter.

Get you a jumper wire with alligator clips on both ends. One clip needs to be pretty small. On the back of the alternator are two small studs. Connect the small clip to the TOP stud and connect the other end to the positive post of the battery. This should force the alternator to charge. Basically, with it jumpered like this, you're bypassing the PCM control.

I ran mine like this for @50 miles one night right after my conversion when I had a wiring problem. It never offered to over-charge. Just keep an eye on the volt meter.
I believe the alt. On an 02 may be different. But I wired in a voltage regulator, actually 3...lol...but I still can't get it to charge. I wired blue to blue field wire, green to green with a 12v reference tied to that wire. I've grounded case and regulator...and it still won't charge. I even pulled it and had it bench tested...which It tested fine...I have no clue.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am confused. I bought another Alt. For a 94 Dodge 2500, I wired in the voltage Reg., If I check at the Large Stud on the back it doesnt appear to be charging, but If I check at the Batt. It shows 14.8???? What..... THE....****.....

Back