Question on changing to a 66

SilverBack76

I am considering changing to a 66 and putting the 64 on the shelf till I can do twins. So here are my question. How bad is my daily driving going to be? With the stix I have will this help my EGTs run cooler? Right now I have Smarty TNT on 5, and it can get up there pretty quick, so lets here your thought. Thanks Brian

Dude, Stop being a Puss!!! LOL j/k Throw a 480 under that thing and be DONE with it!!!

:Cheer:

The 64 I had spooled like crap compared to the SB66. You'll still have plenty of lag with a 66 though. Mine doesn't light till around 1800rpm's. You just have to retrain yourself in how you drive the truck. With the fuel you have, a 66 will still have you getting pretty warm..... programming plays a big part there.

If you want great response and less smoke for city driving though.... Swole's suggestion is the best way.

Yeah for daily driving, most people are dissapointed when they upgrade to a 64 or 66 cause their temps dont get cooler with the bigger compressor unless @ WOT usually a smaller turbine will net you cooler daily driving egt's

Dude, Stop being a Puss!!! LOL j/k Throw a 480 under that thing and be DONE with it!!!

:Cheer:

I know, I need to just twin it and be done (yeah right) Thanks for John's # should be ordering later today.:Cheer:
Brian

I was planning on running to Jeff's but Swole let me know Jeff is trying to be a member of the Flying Elvis. :hehe: I'll try next Monday. I was hoping to see your truck first hand.
Brian

It'll probably still be there. I want to get it out of their way asap but, that will probably be at least 2 weeks from now.

Man your 66 light almost 300 rpms quicker than mine, would that be because you have a built motor, cam, or the 64 is just slow?

Man your 66 light almost 300 rpms quicker than mine, would that be because you have a built motor, cam, or the 64 is just slow?

Yes his motor build makes a difference..But I've driven you truck man and it lights pretty quick to me....little faster than my twins do in fact....Mainly that's because my pistons are So decompressed though....

My 66 will show you 55 lbs @1800rpm. You have to bring mine up slowly to about #10 boost. After it passes #15 it's gone.
Billy

My 66 will show you 55 lbs @1800rpm. You have to bring mine up slowly to about #10 boost. After it passes #15 it's gone.
Billy

Billy-

so yours sounds like it drives pretty good for DD, I'd love twins but I keep getting my ars kicked by my bank account

Brian

Billy-

so yours sounds like it drives pretty good for DD, I'd love twins but I keep getting my ars kicked by my bank account

Brian
Mine does quite well on the street if I don't let my right foot get too carried away. On the highway I try to let the boost come up before hammering down and don't put it all the way down if I don't have to. I'm not even thinking about twins of any kind.
Billy

Billy-

Brian

It's all in how you drive the truck. I've loved my SB since I got it. The lack of a quick spool isn't a big deal and it's given my truck enough boost to get down the track pretty quick. I want twins because I'm at the end of the rope for it to be a DD and racer. 750hp is pretty good on a single but, I want 900 to 1000hp and twins is the only way since NOS is out.

Back