Questions on Hyd steering & small front brakes

Got Milk?

One hook at a time
What is everyone using to make Hyd steering setups, and where would be some good places to look for parts?

Also what cheap options are there for smaller front brakes that will clear 15" rims other than the kit from Performance Pros? Thanks in advance.

setup

My buddy makes his own set-up for steering. He uses orbital valves from old equipment they have lying around from there construction company, hoses he makes at the shop, and a cheap ram. Works great even with 1500-2000 lbs. of weight on the front.

didnt know what electirc pumps work the best? Lift gate pumps, Snow plow pumps...

Also what type of orbital motor to look for?

Search for diy hydro assist. The jeep guys figured out where to drill and tap the factory gear box to operate a hyd. cylinder. Of course they still run mechanical steering with a ram. If its a street truck, stay away from full hydro steering.

Electric?

didnt know what electirc pumps work the best? Lift gate pumps, Snow plow pumps...

Also what type of orbital motor to look for?

I never said electric pumps. Orbital from a old excavator I think. I will get pics and send them to you.

yes using an electric hyd pump not power steering pump. that way you will have power steering with the motor off

Back