Quick AD pressure question

jmd025

Occasional Poster
Posted this on CF along with a PM with no response:

Hey guys,

I have an Airdog 100 system on my 02. It has held a steady 15psi at idle and cruising for well over a year now. Would pull down to 14 psi on hard accelaration. Recently, in the past month or so, It is pulling down to 11-12 psi on hard acceleration. Also, In the morning it idles / cruises at 15 psi, but in the afternoon when its hot out (100 degrees) its idleing at 13 psi

The filters are changed regularly, I changed it after this started to make sure that wasn't the problem. I have new filters and a water sep. laying around if they need changing again.

Its not pulling down to the "danger zone", but I just want it to stay there at 15 psi like it used to. Is this a spring wear issue??

Thanks for any help guys!

Got any advise?
Josh D

Posted this on CF along with a PM with no response:

Hey guys,

I have an Airdog 100 system on my 02. It has held a steady 15psi at idle and cruising for well over a year now. Would pull down to 14 psi on hard accelaration. Recently, in the past month or so, It is pulling down to 11-12 psi on hard acceleration. Also, In the morning it idles / cruises at 15 psi, but in the afternoon when its hot out (100 degrees) its idleing at 13 psi

The filters are changed regularly, I changed it after this started to make sure that wasn't the problem. I have new filters and a water sep. laying around if they need changing again.

Its not pulling down to the "danger zone", but I just want it to stay there at 15 psi like it used to. Is this a spring wear issue??

Thanks for any help guys!

Got any advise?
Josh D

I like to start with checking everything with the bucket test before anything. Do this while you truck is seeing the low pressures at idle. Let me know what you find. Give a call into the office or on my cell if you have any questions before, during, or after the test. I will gladly help you find the issue. Also get your serial number for me next time you get a chance. Thanks 573-694-5155

I like to start with checking everything with the bucket test before anything. Do this while you truck is seeing the low pressures at idle. Let me know what you find. Give a call into the office or on my cell if you have any questions before, during, or after the test. I will gladly help you find the issue. Also get your serial number for me next time you get a chance. Thanks 573-694-5155

Is the "bucket test" in my owners manual? I'm figure you just bump the starter to get the pump to run and measure the quantity caught in the bucket:bang LOL

Thanks for the help...... Mind me calling after business hours??:thankyou2:

Back