Quick turbo question?

bmarlatt

Mirrors Down
I've got a buddy with a 96 7.3 that needs a turbo, it's leaking oil into the intake and its making his truck smoke quite a bit, I also think there is some wheel damage (haven't taken it apart yet to look).

Anybody know of anyplace to get stock turbos cheap, or a common cheap upgrade turbo?

I apologize if this is a common question, the things I don't know about strokers could fill a book.

Ebay... Check the charge air cooler for debris, it may need cleaned. Along with other intake components.

Posted via tapatalk if you know what i mean

Unless he added one, no intercooler on a 96.

Good point, I was thinking newer. Also i personally dont recommend ebay turbos but they are a cheap easy fix. Its working so far on my friends 2000 7.3L.

make sure its the turbo and not just fumes. they vent the fumes into the air piping which can sometimes make a mess over time

When I had mine I took the damn vent off and routed it down under the cab with heater hose.

yea thats a good idea i don't like the idea of all that oil ruining the air boots and filling up the air to air ( on mine anywayz its a superduty i realize obs don't have an air to air)

Good point, I was thinking newer. Also i personally dont recommend ebay turbos but they are a cheap easy fix. Its working so far on my friends 2000 7.3L.

I retract that statement, it exploded.

Posted to not CumminsForum via not autoguide for iphone.

T4 mount and s366 will run about 1200 not including piping for the intake.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Look into the Dominator 66, Beans Diesel.
It about the only direct bolt on turbo for those obs 7.3s

Go look at the classified on powerstrokearmy or powerstrokenation.

Back