Quickest Duramax?

CumminAtYa

Looking for a megacab
Just wondering what the quickest 1/4 mile turned in by a Duramax is so far? Some guy is claiming there is one in the 9's. He won't give any details. I don't doubt the power is there, but with any truck I would like to see some kind of video or proof before I believe it....

I wanna say Chris Calkins 10.2xxx is the quickest right now.

That's what I thought, 10.2ish. I doubt anyone can run quicker than that without it going unheard of.......

What ever happened to Team No limit that was running their truck in pro street?

That No Limit truck is sick. Seen it at IRP a few times.

Back on topic - This guy is still sticking to his story that he has seen a duramax run quicker than 10.3, 10.2. He hasn't given me an exact time either. I have stressed to him that keeping a secret like this under wraps would be one of the hardest things to do, but he doesn't seem to understand that most diesel enthusiasts are smarter than that. My point is that if someone did something that is record breaking or just off the hook impressive, the people that pull off the feat are going to want recognition for the it! If David Lott, or Zane, or anyone else were to pull off the first 10.xx Powerstroke powered quarter mile time do you think they would keep it a secret? Hell freaking no!!!! They would let everyone know as soon as it happened, and have some proof to back it up such as a video.

I have another guy claiming that people in New Jersey know of a Powerstroke that runs 10.7's. COME ON!!!! Why do people have to make outrageous claims without something to back it up with?

Now some people may believe something they hear or read about on the internet. If someone told me a Duramax ran a 9.xx I would believe it to be possible but I would not believe it happened until I saw it. Same thing for a PSD running sub-11's. I think it is possible, but I'm not believing it until I see it.....

Y'know, knowing what is going on everywhere is a curious thing. I talked to a guy that claimed he had a powerstroke in the 9s, and on paper it might have been there....rods, headers, twins, etc in a tubbed F-150....saw pics of the truck, but never saw vids of passes or anything...stuff can happen without us knowing, which is why to this day not many people know that the all time wheeled quarter mile record is 3.23@412mph and is held by a GIRL. This being said, 99% of the time people are full of crap when they make claims that don't sound true. As far as I know Orange Crush, Buck's truck, and the Dirtymax are the quickest out there.

Holy crap! 3 seconds in the quarter mile? In what?!!

JQmile said:
Y'know, knowing what is going on everywhere is a curious thing. I talked to a guy that claimed he had a powerstroke in the 9s, and on paper it might have been there....rods, headers, twins, etc in a tubbed F-150....saw pics of the truck, but never saw vids of passes or anything...stuff can happen without us knowing, which is why to this day not many people know that the all time wheeled quarter mile record is 3.23@412mph and is held by a GIRL. This being said, 99% of the time people are full of crap when they make claims that don't sound true. As far as I know Orange Crush, Buck's truck, and the Dirtymax are the quickest out there.
My whole argument against someone making outrageous claims without proof is why would you make the claim but keep it a secret? I can understand keeping some thing secret as to how you got it there, but as to the actual time and truck itself why hide it? If you set or break a record, you might want to let people know with some proof. Otherwise the next guy who is aiming to do what you have done will do it and beat you to the claim, even though he didn't do it first...then you are just number two. I just don't see how someone could go to a dragstrip and lay a record setting/breaking time and word doesn't get out or is witheld. Unless it is done on an airstrip or something, which I wouldn't believe anyway....an airstrip doesn't have much credibility IMO.

Back