R-416a

Anyone know anything about it? Supposedly blows colder and is cheaper than 134, and you don't need to purge the system or anything like that? Maybe this is old news and I'm behind the curve, but I'd like to try it in the truck.

I'm no professional, but I'm fairly certain propane (R-290) is way better than 134 from a refrigerant standpoint. I know a couple people who mixed some in the old r-12 systems with great results.

I'm not recommending anyone try it though.

I'm no professional, but I'm fairly certain propane (R-290) is way better than 134 from a refrigerant standpoint. I know a couple people who mixed some in the old r-12 systems with great results.

I'm willing to try it on the vw! Just not sure how to get it into the system lol

I use the sub zero stuff in the little cans. I have an adapter for my gauges. I put one can in then top off with straight 134 from my 30lb tank. Everyone is happy with it, including me

When I went through refrigeration classes years ago we used propane in an r12 system and got colder temps. Other than it being a flammable gas in the cab it's pretty awesome lol. Has anybody used any of the synthetic r12's like freeze 12?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The only thing about r416a is if it leaks a substantial amount it can't be topped off like r134a.

It's something like, it's a blend so when it leaks, it leaks unequally and becomes unstable. I'm not an AC guy at all so I may not be totally correct but that's the way I understand it.

Back