Race Bearings

WhiteKnight

gettin my new motor together and now its time to shop for bearings. (main, rod, etc.) i noticed that you can get race bearings from haisley machine, now im just curious whats so different about these? streetable, reliable? gonna be a dd truck but also race as mush as i can and will be close to 700hp. just curious if i should go with cummins bearings or maybe try something else. thanks, zack

The race bearings are made by King and they dont have the groove in the middle for oil to pass thru. It does have the oiling hole of course. Not sure on DD as I have not used them for DD but my drag motor I am assembling now is using those. When they sent them to me I was like WTF but they told me thats what they all use in the HP builds. I will see if I have a picture to post to show the difference.

ok thanks. by the sounds of it, i should prolly justs tick with cummins bearings

I used Clevite bearings in my 2.6 motor build. Good quality and less expensive than Cummins Bearings.

Learn from my mistake...disassemble your motor take your rods to the machine shop and have them check the wrist pin bushings to make sure they need replacing before you end up with $110 worth of bushings you don't need and cant get a 100% refund on.:soap:

a race bearing or commonly called a h bearing is hardened so it holds up to crank flexing and touching it better but your line bore has to be more precise and they don't like dirt, they do typically have a couple tenths more clearance

are the "race bearings" coated? i know a coated h bearing is well worth the money in my opinion. i saw some out of a sbc that was a heavy nitrous motor that grenaded and the bearings still looked brand new.

Subscribed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

Back