Racetruck 2.0

I'm sick of seeing black trucks. I think dodge dark blue or hunter green would look goon on that body style with a little bit of pearl in it.

just my opinion though

I'm sick of seeing black trucks. I think dodge dark blue or hunter green would look goon on that body style with a little bit of pearl in it.

just my opinion though

I do know i wanna keep it a darker color and the blue has crossed mind a few times.
I had a car that was painted black and had red flake in the clear coat, this truck was done in the same manner, except used a super fine pearl white flake, and we upped the ratio on this truck (not professionally done).
I often wonder what it would look like with a orange/blue flake in it.

This thing is gonna be silly fast. What is your power goal?

I really don't have one. This motor isn't anything special. 188 cam, ported head w/runner intake, fire ringed head.
Air:s467( or s366) over s484 both chargers will be gated
Fuel: 13mm (875cc), 5k's .093 lines, 5x.020's.

Have the air and fuel for 1100+ but not a motor to handle it (this yr)

Main goal this yr is to get the suspension dailed in.

Alright guys and gals throw some color suggestions at me. I'm thinking the easiest will be all black. What would yall do to it?
The wheels are still up in the air. Black wheel with a machined lip? I like the Ion 171 16x10 wrapped in a mickey thompson et street radial II 295/50R16. I think For this size of a truck 16's will look good, that and the drag radials are cheaper than 17's and 18's.

Black gets my vote, but I'm partial to black, my 2nd vote is 1998 Deep Amythes Pearl, it's a very dark purple, with a tone of pearl, it's supper sharp. As for wheels will this be 8 or 5 lug?

Not a whole of progress has been made on this thing but here are some pictures.

Still need to gusset some of the bars on the cage

20150103_180755.jpg

front 4 link brackets

20150111_155734.jpg

20150111_155751.jpg

each bar is only about 9.5" eye to eye

20150118_095229.jpg

Figured out the wheels and tires I'm going to run. Raceline Assault's(same as the 4 door dakota) 18x9 +18 offset wrapped in Nitto NT05R 305/45R18 Drag Radial
20150124_155820.jpg

20150124_155753.jpg

Started on the firewall/dogbox not sure I like it. Its going to be covered by a dash though.

20150124_164722.jpg

And the dirt drag/ sled pull tires

20150118_144339.jpg

20150118_144426.jpg

That's all i have for now maybe next couple of weeks I'll have some more.

Last edited:
Wow! Great progress! That door bar looks low in the shoulder area.

Wow! Great progress! That door bar looks low in the shoulder area.

Thanks!
The cross bar is almost level to my shoulders(1inch below) and the door bar passes right beside my bicep. (Sidebar must be included on driver’s side and must pass the driver at a point midway between the shoulder and elbow.) I think since the bar is level on top it throws in a little misconception.

Thanks!
The cross bar is almost level to my shoulders(1inch below) and the door bar passes right beside my bicep. (Sidebar must be included on driver’s side and must pass the driver at a point midway between the shoulder and elbow.) I think since the bar is level on top it throws in a little misconception.

Wow. Fooled me. I'd think you wouldnt be able to see out of the windshield if that bar was almost at shoulder height.
Nevermind me. Carry on. ?

I do know i wanna keep it a darker color and the blue has crossed mind a few times.
I had a car that was painted black and had red flake in the clear coat, this truck was done in the same manner, except used a super fine pearl white flake, and we upped the ratio on this truck (not professionally done).
I often wonder what it would look like with a orange/blue flake in it.

If you like dark blue the factory patriot blue paint code is PB7 IIRC. I've sprayed it a ton of times. Extremely easy to spray but coverage is so so. Takes me about 50% more patriot blue than many other dark colors to get good coverage. It is a pearl metallic but easy to spray for the most part. Just a drop coat to get it even.

I vote patriot blue because it is my favorite color. I sprayed my dually metallic black but might respray it this winter to patriot blue actually LOL

the trans dog house looks a bit tight if you want to unbolt trans. looks good otherwise

Back