Rack sticking ?

kole32

Was driving my truck home from work today and I stopped in my driveway to get the mail. Well I kind of revved the truck up and noticed the idle took kind of a long time to come down. So I popped the hood and revved it up to make sure nothing was catching. It's not. It's a 215hp pump that Seth Farrell flowed last year. Out of the clear blue it started doing this. I changed delivery valves but that's been 2 weeks ago. Changed Injectors last Thursday. I did notice the engine seems a little noisier though. Any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It also only does it in park or neutral.

I guess I should of done some searching, definitely sounds like it's a warped plunger or barrel. Time to call Seth I guess.

I'll give it a shot, I talked to Seth and he said it sounds like a plunger. With the tapping I'm hearing.

My 96 is really precise on where the idle needs to be, at one point it's too low to where it dies with the a/c on and just a little higher and it hangs when I rev it. I agree with the above to lower your idle a little and try again.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Try some lube in fuel sound like plunger sticking .. Standyne is good give it try

When they stick at WOT it's quite a ride. They also tend to blow up. Might be cheaper to just take it off and fix it.

Check the easy stuff first. See if the throttle bracket is getting caught on the wiring harness loom.

I checked to make sure nothing was getting hung up on the linkage. It's definitely a plunger sticking. It doesn't do it whe cold. I'm pulling the pump tonight and gonna send it Seths way.

Sooo I lowered the idle and the Rpms quit hangin ? Am I good to go ?

Check your throttle cable. My old throttle cable got frayed and it stuck at wherever the throttle I had it at. It wasn't fun when I had to shift. It started to get stuck out of blue. It's a possibility that you're are just getting started. Check it just for in case.

Check your throttle cable. My old throttle cable got frayed and it stuck at wherever the throttle I had it at. It wasn't fun when I had to shift. It started to get stuck out of blue. It's a possibility that you're are just getting started. Check it just for in case.

Will do, that wouldn't be good lol thanks !

Back