Rail & Fuel Pressure Issue

BigJoeDiesel74

At cruising speeds my fuel pessure is jumping from 10psi to 20psi and at the same time rail pressure is jumping from 13k to 22k. I have been told it could be a bad fca. Any suggestions?

That would be a good start! there is also a hp relieve valve on the rail that may be getting week!

SoI'm hearing it could be TIPM and a ground for the guages. I believe they all share the same ground so wouldn't all the gauges act up then?

It's not losing power, I posted a video on my facebook. I think I can hear it surging when it does it.

Mine Surges at around 72-75MPH. Always has. Did you change tuning lately?

I did change tuning. the fuel and rail jumps are pretty darn close to the same exact time.

Truck didn't do this until I got it back. It was at Lavon's getting the trans fixed. Once it was fixed he took it to the track to get data logs because the old tune sucked ass. They flashed it with a smarty and still ran bad. Then I had it retuned tuned by Toops who was not the one who made to old tune. Now it has this problem.

go back to your previous tuning and see what happens?

Smarty or EFI Live?

Is your CP3/FCA modified? I have an II 85% over CP3 and I had to rescale the FCA voltage to stop the high rail code. I also had a surging problem when the cruise was on. I adjusted the P.I.D. (small) table to stop the surging.

Have you data logged it? If so, it will show if commanded rail is jumping or just actual rail.

When you are reading rail pressure, is the reading coming from the "rail pressure actual" pid, or from the " fuel rail pressure" pid?

Back