Rail Pressure Drop

DART505

WFO ALL THE TIME
05 and just got finished dual cp3s and on the hiway crack on wot 22/23k pressure with pressure box up and 20k with it down. After 20 minutes 80mph and4 wot roll ons i notised it would only get to 16/17k pressure?? One pump has 150k miles and a bag of parts in it and the other has 100k miles stock. Dual 1/2" lift pump hose pump forward.Any ideas?
My tunes are old for now scary larry from probably 2008 got SSR on the way.
Also I see they sell higher rail pressure sensors,what does that do and or purpose of going to higher pressure sensor?

Are the fuel tubes good and tight? Did you install the new design, or are you still running the older ones?

Gauge reading wrong? The Dipricol's are notorious for reading low after a hard romp.

Are the fuel tubes good and tight? Did you install the new design, or are you still running the older ones?

Injector transfer tubes?
Readings are with a new Edge touch display.

Yeah the transfer tubes. One lose one can ruin the soup.

If it was a loose cross tube that was loosing that much pressure youd think his truck would run like crap and have a dead or close to dead cylinder.

If it was a loose cross tube that was loosing that much pressure youd think his truck would run like crap and have a dead or close to dead cylinder.

No, it only takes 10 or so MM loss to drop Pressure Duals can easily over come the loss, it may still run OK.

Last edited:
Well if that is the case then u should be making oil right now see if u have alot of fuel in your oil.

No there is a return circuit molded into the head the excess is returned threw the line on the back of the head to the tank,Now if the Injector body o-rings are bad (Extremely rare) then you would be making oil.Their are Many things that will cause pressure loss, 1st and almost always overlooked are flow rates, with correct tools and setup it takes about 20 minutes to check Pump and Injectors rates.

Good stuff,I will check has not been long sence injector swap and if they are as hard to seal up as what I had with the pressure switch and the hp line I can see where it can happen.

Something to gain in using 6.7 tubes and are they direct fit.

6.7 tubes and 5.9 tubes are one and the same. If you purchase fuel tubes for an 03, you'll get the new style.

Back