Rail pressure issue

JohhnyFoxtrot

need a trailer
Heres what I am noticing. I have never had a problem raising rail pressure to 25K or higher. This weekend went to Beans to Dyno and could only manage 20K at the beginning of the run and then it would drop after that. It has been having an issue maitaining a constant pressure when on the road also it is really jumpy and will not go over 20K on the gauge. Tonight I was thinking while driving and decided to check gauge and relief valve the only way I could think. Had my wife watch gauge in truck and I unhooked fca on top stock DMAX pump and pressure only went to about 18K she thinks. So I got back on truck and unhooked just the bottom pump which is a Floor-It pump. Gauge went right to around 28K on gauge. Both times it started running really rough. I have an ATS dual kit and have been questioning its function anyway. ANybody have any idea of what to check or would cause the difference in psi from each pump? Thanks in advance.

Doug

As far as dynoing I made 763hp with on a brief second of 20Kpsi then dropping so I can only go up from here.

I am to tried to type call Me tomorrow ,I will try and Help.

Back