Rail Pressure Issue

SilverBack76

Sorry if this is long.
Last week had a code pop-up and then my RP gauge jumped up from 10k to 25+k. I shut her down and towed her in. My top CP3 was rattling. Used the seach and talked to some friend and concluded it was the FCA. I replace both of them. Took her for a spin and she was fine. Cleared the codes and reload the truck with the Smarty, and drove her into work. No problems.
Then about an hour ago, same chit. CP3 Electronics? Any thoughts?

And it sucks being away from your friends with all the tools!

Brian

Also the codes P0088 (FRP above Max) and P0148 (HP CR) popped up. I'm clearing it back to stock and see if it could be software. But any thoughts are welcome guys.
Brian

Seems like a fuel psi sensor could be a problem since it wasn't the FCA. They're pretty expensive so, if you can get on a scanner you can check to see if the actual and demanded psi's are in sync. If they're not, you need a sensor.

The P0148 is a common code and can/will go away on it's own. If it's persistent it could be several other issues. It could also have been set by the other code.

Thanks Ty,
That is the way I am starting to think. Or like Swole my PPE electronic going south. So I am thinking of hooking up a stock belt and uplugging the PPE and see if she still can run, if not time for a scan. A modified CP3 is looking better by the day. It just scares the crap out of me of those injectors holding over 25 plus RP.
Brian

Last edited:
I was having a similar problem with a faulty quad boost fooler. Unplugged it and all is good. Not sure if you are stacking one??

We have test sensors for this, Both sets are out, I do expect to be reach today form both. One going to CA you are welcome to the other,just need Your shipping address, and the promise you will forward them ASAP to us or the next user.

We have test sensors for this, Both sets are out, I do expect to be reach today form both. One going to CA you are welcome to the other,just need Your shipping address, and the promise you will forward them ASAP to us or the next user.

Thanks!! PM Sent!
Brian

Well, it was my PPE electronics, I talked to them and they are checking it, I'll let ya guys know the veridic when they call me.
Brian

I was told that if that goes she will not start back up. I could be wrong though. Thanks.
Brian

Mine actually ran surprisingly strong with a blown rail valve fed by dual fuelers. HP was off, but it never threw a code and always started without excessive cranking.

Well, ya learn something new everyday. I'll check that for good measure, but I drove 1k this weekend and truck is running fine, just waiting on PPE to call me. Thanks
Brian

Back