Ran across a 900 HP CR today

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
It had stock injectors, 4" exhaust, aftermarket intake, a small turbo, propane and a Superchips stacked with an Edge.
Hey...the guy said it all added up on paper. LOL
Oh yea...stock tranny too...........you guys are doing things all wrong aparently. :hehe:

I didn't have the heart to bust his ass too bad...........

Last edited:
partsguy662 said:
Ah yes....The paper dyno is far superior to those superflow pieces of garbage..:hehe:!
I've heard many times from some one just comming off David's dyno "That thing's way off!!! I'm suposed to be making a lot more than this."
The dyno is a tool to help you tune your truck. It tells you what works and what don't.

Some guy was telling me his truck ran 11's in the quarter mile with an Edge box. He was getting his trans done so he could get into the 10's.

I looked at the truck (NFW) and asked which track he runs at.

"My Edge Attitude tells me what my ET is, so I don't have to go to the track."

Probably time to blow the dust off my Edge and get into the 10's the easy way!

Timbeaux38 said:
Your truck is on the west coast.... It will only make like 600 hp out here silly LOL

Oh ya thats right I have to have it transported by opk racin team to bama blindfolded and than it runs.:hehe:

I never shoot anyone like that down.. I just smile and nod, then say they should come out to one of the dyno events in the area, "It's just a lot of fun" :banned:

Yea and us west coast guys get screwed! Damn exchange rate from west coast to east coast is HUGE!

At leasy your truck makes HP Jeff, I don't even think mine gets on the scale LOL

Last edited:
I talked to a kid from my school the other day who claimed his front tires would lift off the ground almost 6" when he took off....
He has a 02 DMax CC SB, so i asked what all he had done to it and made him pop the hood...well he's running an Edge chip, intake, and 4in. exhaust...nothing more. and of course I started laughing, sooo when I asked very kindly to see this happen, "ooooh no", he said he couldnt do it here...he couldnt risk getting another ticket. So I told his friend to suggest that his next mod should be a set of wheelie bars...

Yup! Friday night I had a guy in a 7.3 Ford tell me it make 720 with a Superchip, Wicked Wheel, and 4".....I LOL'd.....I also challanged him to a dyno run...Loser pays and no go.

He also said he can't race 1/4 mile only 1/8th....says his truck tops out at 140mph so the 1/4 is pointless since he hits that by the 1/8 anyways.....

I LOL'd more:hehe:

J.Keith said:
Yup! Friday night I had a guy in a 7.3 Ford tell me it make 720 with a Superchip, Wicked Wheel, and 4".....I LOL'd.....I also challanged him to a dyno run...Loser pays and no go.

He also said he can't race 1/4 mile only 1/8th....says his truck tops out at 140mph so the 1/4 is pointless since he hits that by the 1/8 anyways.....

please tell me this :redx: was drunk or something?

after all we all know a 7.3 with a wicked wheel ALONE should lay down 1000+rwhp :hehe:

J.Keith said:

You'll never get him to the strip.

I was testing some of my warped tuning ideas on the local Dynojet 248 a couple months ago. This kid pulls up in a newer CR. Barges right in asks what I laid down. I say which pull I done almost 20 today. He says what is your highest. I say 507 uncorrected. He say he makes 750 and can not dyno on the little 248C. Them Cummins are to torquey.:doh: I ask him what he is running for programing. He say he has Cummins software and can tune it just like I do with my EFI Live. Then he tells me he has NOS, propane, water meth and it gets better he tells me I should come to some sled pulls. And that he was kicking butt last year around here.:umno:

I did not have it in me to burst his bubble. Besides I sure he had to get Dads truck back!:kick:

I love people like this.. My favorite is the guy who's gonna do injectors only and have a 900 hp 12 valve. When you ask him how he figures this.. he replies that the engine was 300 hp to start.. and he's putting in 100 hp injectors.. so 100 hp per injector = 600... + the original 300.. on paper he figures he's got 900!!!

ABOBB said:
I love people like this.. My favorite is the guy who's gonna do injectors only and have a 900 hp 12 valve. When you ask him how he figures this.. he replies that the engine was 300 hp to start.. and he's putting in 100 hp injectors.. so 100 hp per injector = 600... + the original 300.. on paper he figures he's got 900!!!

:hehe:

ABOBB said:

Are you trying to burst my bubble here? My 96 12V has 370 Marine Injectors... you meaning to tell me that all this time, I've been running around thinking I have 900 HP and I'm totally jipped??? wtf.

Back