Ran my truck for the first time

RAB 38

I ran last night for the first time in this truck and I was pretty happy with the results. THis is no comparison to what most of you guys are running but for a stock turbo, and fuel system I think its good. My best time was a 13.78 @ 98 mph. My slowest was a 13.90, my other two runs were 13.80's. We were not in brackets yet so the races were heads up and I killed a 03 mustang gt, 94 z28, and a new c6 vette. It was so much fun to see the look on their faces when they could not catch me.

My egts were at 1430 at the traps which is alot higher than I want them, I guess its turbo upgrade time.:peelout

Very good times especially with those big tires. 1430 is nothing at all to worry about. Guys push 1600 at the end of a run for a few seconds and no problems. Alot of guys would be thrilled with those temps. Get yourself a bigger/better turbo, add a bit more fuel, and you'll be in the 12's. Then you'll really see some head-turning from those pony cars and vettes...:hehe:

Thanks guys, we'll have to see what my budget can handle for any further mods, For right now I am happy with 13 second run.

Darn... I was leaving at more than that but could only hit low 14's. But I was running out of fuel after the 1/8th mile. Temp never got above 1200egt. Now that I've got more fuel, I can't wait to get out there again... and this time I'm going to take the 400+lbs of tools out of my truck..:hehe:
CrazyLarry must have torque management delete also...?

THe crazy larry does have the tq managment delete, I am afraid to launch any higher because I don't have a billet output shaft.

Great times.. Yes, you need the output.. I'll be the first to tell you that.. haha.. My output broke the first time I did a boosted launch with TM delete.. It was fun till it broke..

Are you going to grab that output shaft? I need one too. My numbers are about the same- slowest was 13.9, fastest was 13.81. I'm launching at around 5-9 psi too- I'd like to get billet output and intermediary shafts so I could launch higher as well.

Temps for me were similar- the largest spike I had was 1430 on all the runs, and Dodge says the 06 is good at 1450.

Anyone know what Scary Larry adds over crazy? I'm wondering how much fun that would be.

Sweet way to smoke those "muscle cars"...I need to get to a track sometime soon and try it

cummins freak said:
Sweet way to smoke those "muscle cars"...I need to get to a track sometime soon and try it

It's fun, I'm definately hooked.

hey rab, if you've got one of dusty's tranny's, then boost launch that bit@#! I have launched mine at 40+psi MANY times and no breakage. Dusty's truck has the o5 tranny with his upgrades and billet input. He tells me he leaves at 50psi no breakage. If you pull that truck than get an output shaft. I haven't had any drums break or intermediates break on any of my customers trucks who just go to the strip and have fun. If you know what your doing with that 48re it will handle alot of power without spending 10000 dollars in unneeded parts.$.02 :Cheer:

Yeah it is one of Dusty's trannys. He told me not to do 4wd boosted launches without the billet output shaft. Is your output billet or stock? He builds one hell of a transmission thats for sure.

Back