raptor 150 retrofit from 24v to 12v

dennhop

I'm looking at picking up a used Raptor 150 pump off an 01, that I'm thinking about retrofitting to run on my 97 12v. Only thing I had a question on was that pureflow told me that the wiring harness would have to get swapped out, to work with a 97. My understanding of these pumps (i have no personal knowledge of the raptors, just the airdog) is that the wiring harnesses for these pumps are simply a fused ignition source and a relay. I'm not sure why there would be a different harness for a 12v...can anyone shed any light on this?

Im not sure about the raptor but the fass just plugs into the stock lift pump harness. You should just be able to splice it but I bet they're talking being able to just plug and play.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

As far as I know though, there shouldn't be any wiring to a 12v fuel pump, should there? Thought it was just all mechanical?

As far as I know though, there shouldn't be any wiring to a 12v fuel pump, should there? Thought it was just all mechanical?

He was meaning the Raptor pump is electrical, and they provide a harness with 24V's and CR's that is plug and play because those trucks have electric OEM lift pumps.

On a 12V you can use the 24V wiring harness just cut the connector off the end and wire it up to a key 12 volt hot source with a relay. You will need to put a fuel pressure gauge on to check and see where the previous owner had the FP set at. VP pump's don't like more than 20psi of FP where Ppumps like 30-40psi in stock form.

Last edited:
If I wired it to a keyed power supply, how would that work during cranking? Wouldn't I lose power during cranking, and lose prime? I was wondering if I'd need to wire it to both a keyed ignition source as well as a hot during cranking lead, or will it maintain power during cranking?

Edit...I do have an fp gauge hooked up already, and I'm showing about 20 psi at idle, jumping to 35 at free rev, but I can suck it down below 20 under a load. I'm also hearing that the 24v Raptor and the 12v Raptor are different pumps? Or is it the same pump with a different install kit?

Last edited:
Should be the same with different pressures. I thought the raptors were adjustable?

If I wired it to a keyed power supply, how would that work during cranking? Wouldn't I lose power during cranking, and lose prime? I was wondering if I'd need to wire it to both a keyed ignition source as well as a hot during cranking lead, or will it maintain power during cranking?

Edit...I do have an fp gauge hooked up already, and I'm showing about 20 psi at idle, jumping to 35 at free rev, but I can suck it down below 20 under a load. I'm also hearing that the 24v Raptor and the 12v Raptor are different pumps? Or is it the same pump with a different install kit?

You will be fine....my old raptor 150 was wired up key hot on my 97 it will prime when you roll the key to the on position and be running as soon as the truck is.

I believe they are the same pump just different wiring kits, but check with Anthony (2Tone12V) on here to confirm that. The Raptor pumps are adjustable and it would be a good idea to bump it up to more pressure than your seeing now with the oem lift pump I take it? My Raptor was maxed out @ 30 PSI on my old setup on my 97.

Should be the same with different pressures. I thought the raptors were adjustable?

Raptor's are adjustable....I agree I believe its the same pump.

Correct the motors are the same but the springs are different. You can get 30-37 out of the 24v pump though.

The only thing that makes the wiring different is where they pull their key on power from. The 24v kit pulls it from your stock plug, the 12v kit pulls it from a key on power source in the fuse box.

You will need to get the injector return bleed off fitting.

Last edited:
Back