rear axle anti slip

had someone tell me today his tranny was slipping awhile back and he went to the dealer and they told him to throw some rear axle limited slip into his tranny and it hasn't slipped since then.. has anybody else tried this stuff??

Why would adding friction modifier to the fluid make it engage harder. His transmission probably wasn't slipping. He might have had a coverter shudder. But if it was slipping he would have been getting tow/haul flashing and gear wrong ratio codes.

im not sure what all it did, it was one of his customers trucks he did it to, i was wondering if anybody else has ever had anu success using this

Adding friction modifier to a slipping transmission is a bad idea. However, If you have a converter that has a shudder when it is engaging from a friction surface that might have a rough spot on it. Adding 2 bottles of the Ford Motorsport friction modifier will soften the shudder. You should change the fluid once the shudder goes away.

Warning!!! The Ford Motorsport Friction modifier smells like Sex Panther from Odeon. Do not get it on you. If you do, plan on your wife or significant other avoiding you for a few days.

50% of the time, it works every time!

60%! haha.

That seems like a cobby way to fix a transmission.

However while we're on the topic, I'm sure my converter is having major issues, yet I have no codes, and no flashing tow/haul. Been to the dealer twice and they tell me nothing is wrong. I dont believe them. I've already lost one OEM converter with not a lot of miles.

Why are you sure the converter is having major issues. What is the truck doing? If its locking up its locking up. You can measure the stall very simply. If its stalling at the right speed and the lock up is locking up. What isn't it doing correctly?

Warning!!! The Ford Motorsport Friction modifier smells like Sex Panther from Odeon. Do not get it on you. If you do, plan on your wife or significant other avoiding you for a few days.

You aren't kidding! If you think gear oil itself smells bad, this stuff is putrid!
:badidea:

yeah thats why i was asking.. im not a tranny man at all.. but if i lay into it, i can feel it start slippin around 70-80.. would that be the converter or clutches?? i'd hate to replace the converter and have bad clutches still in there:bang

Why do you say its slipping? Its just reving? Does it do it stock or only with the tune in it?

what are the exact symtoms of what a slipping converter would feel like??? just a type of delay in engaging gears?

Delayed engagment would have nothing to do with the converter.

Not moving. No Lock up. Shuddering on lockup. Stall speed way above where it should be.

Ok guess its not the converter from what you are saying. Once in a while I will have the truck rev up like normal but it doesn't seem to be moving any faster (as if its slipping) but not all the time, and it seems like it takes a full two seconds to lock up...

Lockup rate is controlled by the tune. There are also high and low throttle point tip in settings to control unlocking. And if you are in a certain gear, let out of the trottle and it goes to idle but stays in that gear. The truck will free rev back up to the rpm it would be at for the speed you are driving at. Got me?

Lockup rate is controlled by the tune. There are also high and low throttle point tip in settings to control unlocking. And if you are in a certain gear, let out of the trottle and it goes to idle but stays in that gear. The truck will free rev back up to the rpm it would be at for the speed you are driving at. Got me?

Yeah I got that. With my x-race tune with the TC lockup it still feels like its "slipping" and doesn't "engage" for a few seconds. I wish I could take someone for a ride in this POS.:bang:bang:bang

Yeah I got that. With my x-race tune with the TC lockup it still feels like its "slipping" and doesn't "engage" for a few seconds. I wish I could take someone for a ride in this POS.:bang:bang:bang

Start driving south. I'll go for a ride with you.

Back