rear yoke style to go with, flat ford or keep a traditional dodge one

stubz616

Like the title says, I'm putting a 271 in my truck out of an 03 superduty. It has the flat yoke at the output of the t case instead of a slip yoke, which I'm going to use, but was wondering on what you all thought is a stronger setup for the rear end side of the driveshaft... The flat ford style that's through bolted into the flat threaded yoke or just keep the factory yoke with straps and bolts. I have to get a driveshaft made either way, so I have to decide which way I'm gunna go. Thanks

fixed yoke @t-case then slip yoke after that .... and a quick change if you should break something .....my $.02

I know I need a slip yoke in the shaft because the one in the t case is no longer there, I'm just trying to decide whether to get a new regular yoke with straps and bolts or should I get a flat yoke like on a superduty where the driveshaft gets bolted to the yoke through a flat companion flange. Just want whatever is stronger

What is a "quick change". I searched but can't find anything on it.

I would do the u bolt style ... there like a quick change .... the flat flange you have like 4-8 bolts depending and that takes time if you happen to break a u joint ... I carry a slip yoke and u joint when I used to wheel my chevy because it happened often ( major lead foot ) ... or just get a big enough u joint that failure should be real hard to accomplish

Back