Rebuildable 6.7 value?

Inline67

I'm just wondering what the value might be for a 6.7 that blew a rod through the oil pan? The engine is complete except for turbo an manifold. Mileage unknown. Out of an 08.

Here's the deal. I can get this engine for $650. Problem is its been outside for 1 year or more, nothing covered so water and dirt has gotten into the intake, exhaust ports and valve cover was off. Plus the rod through the pan.

I can see myself getting my money back out of it by selling injectors, cp3 and the rail and lines. This is selling them all for cores since that's all they're good for.

Now my question is. Is the head and block along with the rest of it still worth anything with having water and dirt sitting on top of the valves and pistons? I assume that there's a good amount of rust throughout.

I would bet that anything in the fuel system is junk. Outside for a year with nothing covered including having the valve cover off I wouldn't trust anything.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Head would still be good unless pitted from corrosion. Just need cleaning. Core the rest. Is crank still salvageable?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Kinda what I figured. It would most likely not be worth the time to dismantle and ship everything off for a couple hundred dollars.

I did offer 400 before I left but was quickly told 650 was the bottom dollar. I'll see if he changes his mind in a week or two.

Back