rebuilding front axle.

p7100

Swedish
I have a Dodge Ram 2500 -95 after been convinced that i'm gonna sell it i starting to change my mind into keeping it and doing a rebuild of it.
Specially the front end need an overlook.

Where's the best place to buy all the balljoints and steering damper and all the other parts?
What brand should i look for and which should i run away from?
Thankful for all help i can get.
thanks

When I rebuilt my front end I just went to a local parts store and got all moog stuff. It has treated me pretty well on my truck. Probably the best two things I bought were the steering box brace (ebay) and the 3rd gen track bar conversion. (cpp bracket, and SSI bar). My truck drives awesome, no wander, no wheel shake, I have driven a few second gens and it is by far the best driving one I have been in.

Ok so moog is good stuff then, because i live in sweden i will have to buy everything on the internet so i will have to look around a little bit then.
So you say the steering box brace is one of the best things to buy? Didn't think it would do so much diffrence but if you say so then i must do something good. :)
About the 3rd gen track bar, whats the biggest thing about that? Is it that it eliminates the joint in one end or why is that so much better?
Many questiones but hope i can get some answers. :)
Thanks

Ok thanks. Whats the other brand of HD ball joints? Dyna..... something?
Any other brand of front end parts?

Moog is not the best out there by any means but for me it is cheap and easily accessible. Like stated above XRF is very good stuff. If you are ordering it and have to get the parts shipped might as well spend the money and put really nice parts in there so hopefully you won't have as much down time. I would definitely try and get a steering box brace and a 3rd gen. track bar conversion. They really helped my truck out.

Last edited:
I've been using and have heard great reviews for Synergy Ball Joints, 4 Wheel Parts has them as a set for $300.

Back