Rebuilding S400??

Rodram2002

I have an S400 that I chipped one of the compressor blades and want to get it rebuilt. Any one know a good place for this?

I called HTT and they want $550 to rebuild it. I might as wall throw it away and buy a new one fot that. :kick:

I know I can have it made into an S480 for around $700 Maybe that would be more worth it?

Scotty

How much of that price was for a new compressor? Rebuilding them is easy. The kit probably isn't over $100. You'll just have to send the turbine/shaft away to be individually balanced with the compressor before assembly.

How much of that price was for a new compressor? Rebuilding them is easy. The kit probably isn't over $100. You'll just have to send the turbine/shaft away to be individually balanced with the compressor before assembly.

They wouldn't say. I'll look for a rebuilt kit and see what the price it for that and a new compressor. Any ideas where to send it to have the shaft and compressor ballanced?

Any reputable turbo shop should have a machine to balance them. I did a similar thing with the MHI turbo on my car--bought a bigger hot side, sent the pieces away for balancing, and did the rebuild myself. I think they charged me around $40 for balancing.

Any reputable turbo shop should have a machine to balance them. I did a similar thing with the MHI turbo on my car--bought a bigger hot side, sent the pieces away for balancing, and did the rebuild myself. I think they charged me around $40 for balancing.

What shop was this?

Back