Recall....

opper_boy

Just Past New
I got a recall notice in the mail the other day.
Safety recall H46-mopar steering linkage.
drag link inner joint may fracture, also the steering damper bracket at the tie rod tube may loosen.

Anybody else got this yet?

yep. tried to get the bosses 05 recalled, they said it wasnt the right vin. 1 month later it got replaced under warranty when it broke after we played in mud.. God i love the stealership!!!

Yep.

I got it too. I just don't know if it applies to me because my truck is lifted.

I'm assuming it does not qualify for the free parts... Maybe somebody could tell me otherwise.

we had a 6" lift on the truck. but it uses stock parts so...

Yep.

I got it too. I just don't know if it applies to me because my truck is lifted.

I'm assuming it does not qualify for the free parts... Maybe somebody could tell me otherwise.

Im in the same boat, im just gonna drive to the dealership next week and ask.

I'd its a recall and the factory parts are still on there then (if I'm correct) they have to swap them out byvlaw. If its just a tsb then they don't have to swap them out.

last year i went and they told me i didnt have the affected parts, now i have a recall layin on the counter...wtf...stupid chrysler

I got this notice a while back.. AFTER mine broke doin about 40mph.. talk about a ride... I thought that cummins was coming through the firewall to eat me... the left tire was still connected to the steering wheel but the right wheel was headed in its own direction... anyways I paid for all of it out of pocket to have Dodge parts put back on it... and my notice said if it had already happened send in proof of receipts and they would reimburse me.. well guess what I GOT SCREWED!!!.. after a few weeks of no response i called them and they said that the recall was on the new piece on my truck... not the factory ones but the ones that replaced the factory ones and that i needed to take it in for a new one... yet i was not gettin reimbursed... i think i got screwed..

when the recall came out I talked the the dealer and they told me that all they change was a bolt and washer, I just got the letter too and now they told me that I'm getting new tie rod

they did mine and mines lifted, they replaced the drag link and tie rod, with bigger ones? looks beefy now.

I got one this yr. Took it into the dealer and it did not apply to my truck. My letter said something about if parts had been replaced after XX date, my truck could be affected. However I bought it before the stated date and haven't had to have anything done to it.

Yeah I got one the other day. So I had my wife take it to the dealership since I had to work. She said all they did was a tech walked out and looked under the truck and said it was all good.

I'm going make a trip to the dealership whenever i get a rain day, which may be tomorrow. Only problems ive had is the ball joints went at 65k. Now i have a little play in the wheel. Maybe this might fix that.

My dealer sent me all the available paperwork on this. The deal is, the steering linkage had to have already been replaced to be affected by this recall. The dealers were installing parts as replacements for originals and these are the suspect ones. They only need to look under the front of the truck to determine if yours is applicable. The difference is the factory installed linkage has the steering shock mounted to a stud going THROUGH the steering linkage, whereas the suspect linkage has the shock mounted to a bracket that is clamped to the linkage with 2 u-bolts. You can determine this easily yourself and have it confirmed by your dealer if desired. I would post pics but I threw all the paperwork away last year after I knew my truck was OK.

Yeah I took mine up there andthey said the shock was fine and I asked about the tie rod end after reading all this and he said there was no recall on tie rod ends??

Has anyone got the the letter on ECM reprogramming for 06 and 07 trucks? Sounds like they want to reprogram due to vehicles failure to report diagonstic information. Think its a joke.

Back