Recon Accessories - Piss Poor Customer Service!

Cummin-a-long

Big Angry
Here is my argument with Recon Accessories.
What a bunch of F'n clowns!
This is my email string with them below....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: warranties@reconaccessories.com
Subject: Bad Bulb Socket
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:38:34 -0400
My name is REMOVED, my original order number was 12002.

I am having a problem with the reverse light socket on the following product:

264171BK Part # 264171BK - SMOKED LED Tail Lights Dodge RAM 02-09 - Dodge Smoked LED Tail Lights - a-Smoke $299.95 $299.95

I have tested all circuits up to socket and the only place I do not get 12V is at the bulb side of the socket.

There is power at the factory connector, power to the + & - ends of the leads, but no power actually to the bulb.

The bulb type is 3057.

Could you please send me a replacement piece for this item.

Attached are pictures of the defective part.

Thank you,
Slide1-2.jpg

Slide2-2.jpg

Slide3-1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 4:20 AM
Subject: FW: Bad Bulb Socket

This is resend of the orignal message.

Just trying to get a status on this piece.
Thanks,

Rich
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FW: Bad Bulb Socket‏
Sent: Wed 11/05/08 6:23 PM
Third attempt to contact via e-mail.

Will call tomorrow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: cumminalong
CC: heath@4amg.com; ryan@4amg.com
Subject: RE: Bad Bulb Socket
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 10:35:48 -0500

We don’t sell or provide sockets for the reverse light bulb…that is an OE item…buy a new one from your dealership.

Thnx,

Todd Fleischman
AMG, Inc. &
RECON Accessories
Direct: (561) 945-8633
P: (877) 37-RECON
F: (561) 892-4680
W: www.reconaccessories.com
P Please consider the environment before printing this email or its attachments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 2:39 PM
To: todd@4amg.com

That should be on the '07 and up trucks. The 07+ trucks use a seperate socket.

The 03 - 06 trucks use a light bar that has 3 bulbs in it.

The reverse bulb itself gets used in your lights, but they came with the socket.

The socket was pre-wired into the wiring harness on your lights.

If needed, I can remove the lights, get a picture of them and the OEM lights to show you the difference.

To: cumminalong
CC: ryan@4amg.com; heath@4amg.com
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 15:01:36 -0500

Our kits do not come with reverse light bulbs or bulb sockets. You will need to get one from your dealer….u can order a reverse light bulb in WHITE LED from us by going here:

http://www.gorecon.com/products.php?p_cat=61

The part # you want is 264207WH

Thnx,

Todd Fleischman
AMG, Inc. &
RECON Accessories
Direct: (561) 945-8633
P: (877) 37-RECON
F: (561) 892-4680
W: www.reconaccessories.com
P Please consider the environment before printing this email or its attachments.

Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 5:23 PM
To: todd@4amg.com
Are you kidding me?

Here are the pics. You tell me what came with what.

And instead of me BUYING those LED's, how about sending me a pair ALONG WITH THE SOCKET or A NEW TAIL LIGHT for my trouble?
Slide1-1.jpg

Slide2-1.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

I also had run into problems with them. First time was brutal delivery time. I gave them another shot and the part while coming in much faster had a broken peice on it, and they wouldnt do a thing for me

Kevin

yup, my pass side RECON tail had a short in it from day one. I got the run around and just gave up on any recourse

Yup!

I am far from impressed with their quality or customer service.

Hope this helps someone that may have been contemplating a purchase.

there is a way you can all turn them into the better business beruro sorry cant spell today

This is why I ordered all my Recon products through a local shop that's a distributor. If I have a problem.....HE can deal with getting them to warrenty it!

That's piss poor sht coming from tech support.

At least make your email look professional. Using "u" instead of "you" sounds like you're a little 12 year b!tch on myspace.

recon isnt professional at all.... i paid for a couple sets of cab lights last year and its a good thing i wasnt in dire need of them because months went by and only way i found out why they werent here was calling to hear ''backordered'' theyll be there when they get there..... finally came but i wouldnt have known if I hadnt called them and finally got an answer...

decided to give them one more try got a LED third brake light for my truck and its shorted out.... basically told me tough shi* that it happens and theyd be happy to sell me a new one...

i would at least give them and there supervisor what i thought of them

I hear these stories all the time, and I guess Ive gotten lucky because Ive never had a problem with Recon or their service

ok so i made an order for a buddy for right at $1,000 (even with the promo code) and they sent us the wrong third brake light (clear, not smoked), and no smoked cab lights.

i called today and they told me "sorry, you signed off at fed-ex, how are we to know you didn't receive them."

I guess I got lucky, it was a long time ago (2yrs) I ordered a set of clear cab lights, and they only came with 4 gaskets. I e-mailed them and they sent me 5 new ones no questions asked...

Back