RedHead steering box group buy

clifdawg

Group buy going on today and tomorrow. Started yesterday. See details in link. You do not have to be a member of OilBurners, but you do have to call RedHead and tell them you want the OilBurners group buy discount. And it can be a steering box for any vehicle they stock, which is several.

Once again, see details in link before calling!

OFFICIAL Red Head Steering Box Group Buy Thread
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76439

I think I might order one tomorrow too. Been racking my brain trying to decide between the borguson and the red head

What kind of warranty do they offer? I have one I purchased second hand, leaks from the pitman arm shaft.. otherwise a great box the past 2 years.

I think I might order one tomorrow too. Been racking my brain trying to decide between the borguson and the red head

Do it. The more people we get, the better the discount. I will be ordering tomorrow as well. And my research has found them to be the best.

What kind of warranty do they offer? I have one I purchased second hand, leaks from the pitman arm shaft.. otherwise a great box the past 2 years.

It's 12 month/unlimited mileage. Considering you've had it 2 years and you bought it 2nd hand, I don't know that they will honor any kind of warranty. You might could talk to them about an even more discounted new box though, maybe. Won't hurt to ask. Worse they could do is say no.

Really! My freaking luck. I just bought 2 for customers with no discount
87e4420cad0d917e2c28267cc1ee1918.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really! My freaking luck. I just bought 2 for customers with no discount
87e4420cad0d917e2c28267cc1ee1918.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have customers, you should probably order a couple or 20 to put on the shelf ;).

I just ordered mine and I was #14. $20 off for boxes under $300 & $30 off for boxes over $300. Two more buyers and we all get an additional $10 off when they send us our core and discount refund. Get yer gears!!!

They're $571 for either 15 or 18:1. I'd rather go Borgueson, but if they are still backordered when I'm ready to buy, Redhead it is.

Edit: $571 with a $225 core charge.

Last edited:
I didn't get any answer.

Sorry about that. I had no problem with website yesterday. Here are some screenshots.

ff3635a381e2fb96b6a91b18ce3a1fdb.jpg
ed4afa001dea5588d860e5b761c38c50.jpg

Once your core is returned, your price is $346. So, had you been able to get in on group buy, your price would be discounted to $296 once they sent your core refund.

Unfortunately, the group buy ended yesterday; however, if you really want one from them, you could try calling and asking if you could get in on OilBurners group buy and that their website was not working for you yesterday. Doesn't hurt to ask. Worst they can say is no.

Which ratio is preferred? Curious if the 15:1 is that much harder to physically turn.

Which ratio is preferred? Curious if the 15:1 is that much harder to physically turn.

I talked to the guy at redhead and he recommended the standard ratio box if you haul and tow alot. Said the quick ratio box would wear out alot faster unless it was a street truck.

Back