Redoing VP setup..

B N S slammer

I'm kinda to the point where I'd like to try something different with my street truck setup. I've never really been satisfied with my compound setup (57/65/14 over 75/96/1.32) and I think most of the trouble lies with the 96 turbine and 1.32 housing. I have pretty slow spool up unless I program the the smarty S-03 in to aid with spool up and bottom end power. The only problem with this is that the Smarty makes the truck shudder at WOT and it seems worse when its cold out. The comp alone really struggles on the bottom-midway power range. I'm just kinda lookin for other options to go with if you guys have any ideas? Maybe back to a single with a spool-flange, different fueling box, or different compound setup and still be in the 600hp range with better spool-up?

Easiest and cheapest option would be to swap the s475 out for something else or another s475 with a better turbine/housing setup.

My 75/83/1.10 spools at the same speed as my super b, just half the psi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I ran a 62/65/14 and couldn't get it to spool worth a damn, after a month I decided to swap the 14 for a 12 and it was a while different animal.

I had no trouble with spool on my box S475 with 7x.012s I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is with your wastegate setting or your secondary itself

I had no trouble with spool on my box S475 with 7x.012s I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is with your wastegate setting or your secondary itself

I wouldn't see why, top end power is great... 80psi with full fuel... I ran a 63/65/14 with the comp and 7x.012's and I really liked the balance between spool and top end, but the spool with these two chargers and comp alone is dissapointing...

Then trade edge comp for a tst comp. I would also do the 75 83 1.1 turbine... Abe possibly a12cm housing in your secondary.
600hp will flow through it just fine.

Then trade edge comp for a tst comp. I would also do the 75 83 1.1 turbine... Abe possibly a12cm housing in your secondary.
600hp will flow through it just fine.

I'm kinda afraid all the reduction might lead to egt troubles, but i agree on both parts, I hear the tst is more aggressive..

Depends on your definition of egt troubles! LOL

1600 at wot is just fine.
But if it won't spool easy, what's the point if driving it?
The change i believe that will make the most difference will be going toa 12cm housing..
It will get you into boost faster getting the primary light seemingly faster as well..

Last edited:
When your saying 57 as your secondary do you mean an hx35 or a 57mm s300? Or s300g mabey??

HT3B, I saw 75psi total boost with 26psi outta my primary. Max EGT's were 1350°. My set-up was SO VP, 6x.013's, and a TST Comp along with other miscellaneous items. When I switched to a p-pump, my max boost went up to 83psu and 28psi outta my primary. My EGT's increased to just under 1500°.

I wouldn't see why, top end power is great... 80psi with full fuel... I ran a 63/65/14 with the comp and 7x.012's and I really liked the balance between spool and top end, but the spool with these two chargers and comp alone is dissapointing...

When is the gate on your secondary opening?

The primary has almost nothing to do with low end spool

Last edited:
When is the gate on your secondary opening?

The primary has almost nothing to do with low end spool

I turned it all the way in and then backed it out three rounds is all I can tell you... I figured that big turbine and big housing is where I was losing out on spool?

I've never had twins but I can tell you this. Before you go changing stuff out, you need to set your wastegate, not guess at it. For 600 HP, I would definitely not have 14cm and 1.32 housings. Now if you want 700+, thats a little different story. These VP's have limited power range, especially for a street truck.

So I guess I should pressurize the system to see when the gate opens? What would be the correct pressure for the gate to open? And could a 12cm housing cause drive pressure issues? Or would I just have to reset the gate if I switched housings to control drive pressure?

Back