Regrind cam

If one was to buy your special cams and dyno it compared to the one I have. Would I get my money refunded if my cam out performed yours?

If one was to buy your special cams and dyno it compared to the one I have. Would I get my money refunded if my cam out performed yours?

Sure, that is how confident I am with the profiles I design.

As to everyone wanting cam grinder to layout their most advanced number here on the internet, really!
Do you expect people to give up they most hard won power secrets just to win a internet pissing contest.

Now if want to talk about what your combination needs, and not just what’s on the shelf, give me a call I have been designing cam profile for 25 years. There is so much more than just chucking a cam up in the machine and cutting metal. I send out around a 100 cams a months, most of them go to shops that install them. I don’t mind talking over your particular needs and making a recommendation.

I think most cam designers would be ok with that, i know i would, we have been cutting A LOT of cams lately. Im happy to work with anyones setup and get you the right cam for the job and if u dont like it, ill grind one till you do or your money back!

The profits are huge you should see my 1986 Ferrari :hehe: if customers only knew the time thats spent dynoing cams, paying for NEW UGL's and having them cut. Theyd probably understand and see the HUGE profits that ARENT there. I wish i paid $40 to grind a cam then i could lower prices down. But i pay much more for them to be cut on a CNC so they are precise, quality over quantity & profit! But i love what i do and i do it for you guys!

I came up with the grind numbers we did on my cams myself and Johnny has the masters. They work. I own them and out of the diesel game I could ask for them back and destroy them and have lost nothing. Or mention to you num skulls that I don't mind to making a copy off it for 40 freaking bucks to see If you like it or not, and I not make one cent off of it. I know their pleanty of people here wished Id never mentioned it but......Its hard to fault me for giving free info and a chance to have a cam finally for less than a tenth the cost...... how can you loss. What makes more since.....taking the word from someone Not saleing a damn thing that's still up there in the top 5 or so with Hundreds of really fast passes...... or salesmen that have Everything to gain and no personal race car on the track to prove nothing. Wow crazy huh. Ive posted their name and company, someone else listed their address and other info. That's enough said from me. Besides the fact thiers Nothing wrong with running a bone stock ass 12v cam, pleanty have proved you can make 1000 hp with one so why even gamble on a 40 dollar upgrade, lol. Hard to beat Cummins **** right out of the box. Just add fuel, timing, and more air untill your happy.

Tucker

1. Scheid's rail 4.47, 161 -12v ppump, water
2. John Robinson 4.79 @149
3. Darren Morrison 4.96, 141 - 12v, water
4. Cummins Racing Rail(dieseldragster) 5.108, 139 - 24v ppump, nitrous
5. Stock600 (Altered) 5.24 @ 130.8 12V
6. Chad Riley (altered roadster) 5.36, 134.54 -24v, ppump
7. Keating Machine 5.50, 129 - 12v
8. Bponci (altered) 5.57, 129.6 - 12v, water, single turbo
9. Dr. Performance Brakesmart rail 5.58, 122 -nitrous
10. Rich Buckley (Diesel 10.5 Mustang) 5.63, 132 - lifted
11. BULLYDOG (Jarid Vollmer) 5.655 @ 129, CR, Single Turbo, Nitrous
12. Warren County Diesel Funnytruck 5.75, 109
13. Phillip Palmer (Stuckey) 5.761, 126 -12v
14. CSIDODGE 5.83 @122 12v water
15. Gabby 5.95, XXX
16. Seth Sullivan 5.95, XXX
17. BigDodge 6.05, 120.5 -little nitrous
18. DMS1707 6.174, 111.1 -CR, fuel only
19. Stock600 6.18, 110.8 -12v, Black Truck [1.32 60']
20. Meacham Evins 6.26, 116

Oh, ya still there twice. And have nothing to sale. Im a A/C guy that races as a pure hobby.

Last edited:
There is more than one way to state a power increase without unleashing the blueprints.
ANY of which would be better than THE Greg Hogues OPINION that a stock cam is a fence post. Because, let's face it, without some sort of tangible evidence to dictate some truth, it simply is nothing more. Stock 600 seems to understand this.
Its nothing personal, to any of you as builders, but its damn near insulting to the groups of people that are consumers and are being told to buy something "because its just betterer".

From my Not-So-Smart phone

There is more than one way to state a power increase without unleashing the blueprints.
ANY of which would be better than THE Greg Hogues OPINION that a stock cam is a fence post. Because, let's face it, without some sort of tangible evidence to dictate some truth, it simply is nothing more. Stock 600 seems to understand this.
Its nothing personal, to any of you as builders, but its damn near insulting to the groups of people that are consumers and are being told to buy something "because its just betterer".

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Couldn't have said it any better my self.*bdh*

All you cam gurus, send me your cams. I'll let you all know whats best!! Tmoney, we all know you love us!

I don't blame any cam grinder for not giving up any of their LSA, duration, or lift numbers because they've put in the dyno time to attain those cam profiles that show improvements. On the other hand, nothing about cam grinds is rocket science! What works for this truck might no be what is best for that truck. Enough info is on the net so that any swinging d!@# can take base profiles to a cam grinder and start working the profile into what you want. This time spent grinding different profiles and dyno testing is known as "time", and "time" is money! Either do the legwork yourself or spend the money on a cam from one of the many cam suppliers.

I phucking hate cam threads! About the time I think I need one, enough contradictory talk comes up to make me stay with the oem. Its a never ending tug of war. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That's exactly what I think. I haven't heard of anyone having huge improvements from cams, yes they make a difference in spool and it doesn't fall off in the upper rpms, but I just don't think it makes a big enough difference in a street truck. I think one of the biggest beneficial things I want to do is head work. Plenum milled, side draft, and a good port job. If I do go with a cam it will probably be the cheapest. lol

I don't blame any cam grinder for not giving up any of their LSA, duration, or lift numbers because they've put in the dyno time to attain those cam profiles that show improvements. On the other hand, nothing about cam grinds is rocket science! What works for this truck might no be what is best for that truck. Enough info is on the net so that any swinging d!@# can take base profiles to a cam grinder and start working the profile into what you want. This time spent grinding different profiles and dyno testing is known as "time", and "time" is money! Either do the legwork yourself or spend the money on a cam from one of the many cam suppliers.
Where do you see all of these profiles? Ive never seen a complete one for a cummins on the net... Or maybe I just didnt put the pieces together?

That's exactly what I think. I haven't heard of anyone having huge improvements from cams, yes they make a difference in spool and it doesn't fall off in the upper rpms, but I just don't think it makes a big enough difference in a street truck. I think one of the biggest beneficial things I want to do is head work. Plenum milled, side draft, and a good port job. If I do go with a cam it will probably be the cheapest. lol

The thing about getting a cam is, it isnt for peak power. Really I think peak power means jack chit. A cam lets you put your powerband closer to where you want it and can even give you a longer torque curve which gives you more HP.

Just for reference to you guys, since I noticed most people on here dont understand this: HP=(Torque*RPM)/5252

The integral of the HP curve on a dyno sheet is pretty much all that matters. The amount of area under the curve is how much power you are actually making, not your peak. If you peak 1000rwhp at 4000rpm but at 3800rpm and 4200rpm you are only making 600rwhp, then the guy who is making 800rwhp from 3400rpm to 4600rpm is going to walk all over you all day and be able to shift gears while staying into it!

Cam's are not for HP
Cam's are for adjusting powerbands

Cam's are also for making bad ass lamps. Turbo's too ;-)

Last edited:
Where do you see all of these profiles? Ive never seen a complete one for a cummins on the net... Or maybe I just didnt put the pieces together?

There's enough info right here in this one thread as to stock cam baseline to get anybody started.

The thing about getting a cam is, it isnt for peak power. Really I think peak power means jack chit. A cam lets you put your powerband closer to where you want it and can even give you a longer torque curve which gives you more HP.

Just for reference to you guys, since I noticed most people on here dont understand this: HP=(Torque*RPM)/5252

The integral of the HP curve on a dyno sheet is pretty much all that matters. The amount of area under the curve is how much power you are actually making, not your peak. If you peak 1000rwhp at 4000rpm but at 3800rpm and 4200rpm you are only making 600rwhp, then the guy who is making 800rwhp from 3400rpm to 4600rpm is going to walk all over you all day and be able to shift gears while staying into it!

Cam's are not for HP
Cam's are for adjusting powerbands

Cam's are also for making bad ass lamps. Turbo's too ;-)

What he said.

The gas guys use cams to adjust the power band, not help make power. Making power is a side effect of where everything comes together. Diesel's shouldn't be any different.

There's enough info right here in this one thread as to stock cam baseline to get anybody started.

Ha, your welcome. Factory duration numbers with a 104-106 LSA and around .550" lift will broaden the curve out and pull hard to around 4600 rpm. My e.t and mph vers weight numbers almost mirror each other in the Black Truck and the Altered they both show to have made right around 950-1000 hp. By todays numbers their are pleanty people making lots more with tuned 12v they probably drive on the street. And this amount of power can be easly made with a factory 12v cam or a massaged version like Ive mentioned I ran. Nothing radical or rocket science here.

I had a couple stages of nitrous I sure would have like to been able to use, e.t.'s should have dropped another couple or 3 tenths If I were able to do so but it wasn't in the cards.

Point is don't go out and blow next months rent money on a hype that your going to purchase a magical cam that's going to make unreal power numbers, it wont happen I promise you. If your so inclined I gave you a option to spend the price of a steak to see for your self. Lol

Tucker

Back