regular cab pullers

house

the Fat kid!
Do you wear a helmet every time you pull just in case something happens so your head dont end up against back window or through it???

I have high back seats so I usually hit my head on the top of the head rest...not pulling though, usually happens while doing another fun activity :hehe: Some say reg cabs are too small, I just look at them as a challenge.

I always wear mine, Mine has shook me around a few times. But ofcourse mine is a little different ride too.

Lynn

i have never wore one but i suppose if something happened i would probally regret it.

Hey Raymond, what are the other changes to to DCTPA 2.6 rules? I have not been able to make it to another meeting trying to get the truck engine built. tried to talk to Jon Proshel at eaton did not say much
Thanks. Also helmet have to meet any sfi specs?

Our association is requiring wearing a helmet this year in our 2.6 class.

I just read somewhere else that requires a helmet for the 2.6 class. With the power and speed this class is reaching now, it's probably a good idea.

I just read somewhere else that requires a helmet for the 2.6 class. With the power and speed this class is reaching now, it's probably a good idea.

Sorry for getting off the subject here but man I think thats the best avatar picture i've seen on any site! I always did like skittles.

My head meeting the back window is the last thing im worried about when im hooked. I guess some day when they do meet i'll take it into consideration

I believe Battle of the Bluegrass series is requiring a helmet in the 2.6 class this year. I would rather pull without one but if you think about it, it really is a good idea. Chances are nothing at all will happen but you could either bust your head on the steering wheel or slam it into the seat and or back window. You just never know what can happen. I'll never forget the year Scott Amos (at least I think thats who it was) accidently hit reverse instead of neutral at the end of his run at Scheid. I believe it was in 2006. Threw him around pretty violently at the end of the run.

I found the video. Im not getting sound on my computer though. Anyways you can watch and see how hard he gets slammed. Granted this is the only time I've seen this happen and he probably wasnt running a reverse lockout switch.

Video - umm...... whoops

I agree with the anythings possible theory...but then again I could get hit by lightning tomorrow too. I see no reason for helmets in a street or stock class, but I agree they should be worn in any class above stock. I do wear one when required, but I dont like it -

Sorry for getting off the subject here but man I think thats the best avatar picture i've seen on any site! I always did like skittles.

Until I get a pic of my truck it'll have to do...taste the rainbow!

I remember hearing about Scott's little meeting with the sled, I figured they would require a reverse lockout on floor shifters after that. I know a few organizations do now.

Our assoc. does require a helmet. In a street truck I wouldn't see it to be a huge deal but anything above that I'd say you need to wear one. But then again I'd rather not need it and have it on than need it and not have it.

Hey Raymond, what are the other changes to to DCTPA 2.6 rules? I have not been able to make it to another meeting trying to get the truck engine built. tried to talk to Jon Proshel at eaton did not say much
Thanks. Also helmet have to meet any sfi specs?

Helmet doesn't have to have sfi specs. Here is a copy of the rules. I am going to have to get some clarification on everything in #9 though.

2010 DCTPA 2.6 #8000 DIESEL TRUCK RULES

1. 8000lb weight limit with driver
2.Must pull off a Reese type hitch, mounted solid to the frame with no movement. Reinforcements permitted. Must have a 5/8" grade 8 bolt w/ nut to replace tubing pin. Must be a solid tube. Hooking point must be the furthest point back of the truck and a maximum of 26" high on 4wd trucks.
3. No nitrous, propane, water, or methanol injection, #1, #2 or bio-diesel only
4. Limited to a single turbocharger 2.6 inducer bore on the compressor side. The inlet will be checked with a 2.65" plug. NO bushings. Twins are permitted as long as they are O.E.M for that truck.
5. Kill switch required - air or fuel shut off or both
6. Driveshaft loops and u-joint shields required on all rear u-joints and u-joint at front differential (shileds must be 1/4" steel or 3/8" aluminum thick and 6" wide) at least one loop on each driveshaft.
7. An OEM-style suspension is mandatory. Traction bars are permitted, they must be bolt on only, welds are permitted for attachment to the frame or axle housing. The rear suspension may be blocked SOLID to elimiinate travel. Must have one working shock per wheel
8. Hanging weight allowed maximum 60 inches from center of the front axle
9.Safety equiment: bumper bars, fire extinguishers, blow proof bell housing and/or blanket. Seat belt must be worn, long sleeves & pants, helmet required.
10.Exhaust must point straight up and have two bolts crossed in the pipe as close to the turbo as practical. 2 -3/8" bolts grade 5 or better
11. Must be a factory engine and drivetrain from a 1 ton or smaller truck
12. Must be street legal. Stock appearing. Must have working head, tail, reverse lights. Can remove a headlight. DOT approved tires only - NO cut or sharpened tires
13. All trucks must be safety teched & weighed in before 1st truck of the class goes down the track. Top 5 trucks will be re-teched after the pull. (If running behind scheudle get ahold of an official)
14. Judge's decision is final
15. Mut be a member of DCTPA to run for points

I found the video. Im not getting sound on my computer though. Anyways you can watch and see how hard he gets slammed. Granted this is the only time I've seen this happen and he probably wasnt running a reverse lockout switch.

Video - umm...... whoops

He woulda been fine but near the end of the run you see the brake lights come on. So by him pressing the brakes it allowed the shifter to go right past neutral into reverse, but either way, I wouldnt wanna be in a regular cab without a highback seat when he did that.

Back