Regular vs. SS injector bodies

bbbxcursion

traitor
How can you tell if the remans you get from the dealer have the SS bodies? Is there a part number I need for an 05 engine?

Hit and miss,(SS is much shinier)regardless most remans from Chrysler fail quickly or prematurely.Remans are not new,the failure rate is much higher.

Can the dealer get new ones? Mine is having a tough time finding new ones with SS bodies.

Yes ...if they Buy form Someone that is BOSCH authorized to do So (Good luck with that) although their is a Dealer ship that Buys New from Us, when the truck is out of warranty.

Keep an eye out for the new style injector they released in Oct of 2009. If you have aftermarket tips they will not fit on these. Already had a run in with one and had to send it back and buy a reman due to this issue.

The shop I deal with said they haven't seen a standard injector for 6 months. He keeps the new ss in stock. Northeast Diesel in Shelbina MO

I don't know what to Say,Up to last NOV We were getting SS. the last order of 1000 came with Steel bodies and SS (CVAs) I will take the SS CVA.. Watch out for the 55s and 58s,on top of all this tips and parts are all on back order for the 58s.Just went you think can it get any worse.Yep.. it can and did.

Got my "remans" from local diesel shop, 75k miles plus on them and no issues!
You'll be hard pressed to find "new" injectors, for half the price or less of new injectors... remans are a good buy. JMHO

Thanks for all the help guys. My dealer called his 'Bosch' guy. He said that the SS bodies are rare because they only used SS when they were out of regular steel. There was only a short run of them. Funny huh?

So if you order new, there's NO garantee to get SS??

Or the ones that'll fit 05 tips that are already modded??

THAT SUX BALLS!

So they can eventually have the same problems as any injector out there? I was told mine had a way excessive return rate.

Yep, What is killing HPCR injectors is.. 1st Contamination Dirt,Particles,2nd Water,3rd chemicals,4th Pressure.I have hammer this for Years, None of the internally combustion certified filters will stop Injector destruction when it come to the 1st three listed causes. In order to meet this requirement they MUST HAVE INTERNAL BYPASS, this is so that if the filter gets plugged the vehicle does not stop and stall on the roadways,Only Hydroscopic media Will get free or emulsified water.synthetic media for the particles.NONE of the most popular filter have these component's. If you want to stop this You Must install Auxiliary filtering or a Bypass system, NONE of the direct feeds systems will be adequate.they are great for racing or off road. Changing filters will help,but if the fuel is contaminated it will plug the filter and the bypass will engage allowing the contaminates to the injection system.ALL Hydroscopic media filters DO NOT MEET DIRECT INTERNAL COMBUSTION REQUIREMENTS thats why Auxiliary or a bypass system must be installed.

So the 3 micron filter that i use on the fass isnt enough. Whats out there that doesnt cost a ton. Im only 23 and this truck is about to make me go back to a half ton gasser Ive spent way to damn much on it

So the 3 micron filter that i use on the fass isnt enough. Whats out there that doesnt cost a ton. Im only 23 and this truck is about to make me go back to a half ton gasser Ive spent way to damn much on it

I got a 2 micton on an Air dog, and Im 22. but Im right there with yah!

So if you order new, there's NO garantee to get SS??

Or the ones that'll fit 05 tips that are already modded??

THAT SUX BALLS!

Your F1 nozzles will fit either injector David. If you buy the new style injector you are already set.

As an FYI for everyone else, 99.9% of our 03-04 nozzles will fit both style injectors and many of our 04.5 -07's will as well. Maybe 40-50%. We used many of the stock style nozzles for the 04.5 and ups, so this is why we dont have 100% coverage like the 03-04.

We have used the upgraded nozzle style now being used by Bosch for the new Cummins injectors since 2004. It only took them 6 years to do the same. LOL

Back