Relationships....

I didn't want to say she's steping out on you because I've been where yo're at and it's the last thing you want to hear, even though you're thinking it yourself.

If isn't already, she will be soon. Get out while you can. Things won't get any better.

Sorry bro!!!

Yeah, I debated on putting that out there and then tried to figure out how I wanted to say it. I thought back to when I was in that situation and what I wished someone would have told me. There's no easy way of having that conversation, especially when you don't know the person.

My job performance improved greatly when I was able to quit worrying about that situation back home.

My job performance improved greatly when I was able to quit worrying about that situation back home.

To be honest, thats one thing that hasn't really happened. I get pissed every once in a while, but I guess its a good sign that maybe I'm not so into it if it really doesn't bother me once I get over the initial pissed-off-ness. I guess I realized a while back that she's crazy, but I got too much **** at her house to walk right now. 38 days til I get home... I can really put up with just about anything for 38 days til I can make sure my stuff is safe and then proceed accordingly. Not like I have anything to lose, but maybe things will work out. I know most people probably say the same thing, but I really don't think she's cheating on me... just that she's pushed me out of the picture for the most part. Not to say that it couldn't be the case, but a lot of times I know the people she's around. Now if it turned out that it was IS the case, and its one of the people I know, its game on when I get back :kick:

Last edited:
And its not like there's not plenty of lonely women running around VBC here... however, I've been down that road before. Cheated on a girl I planned on breaking up with, but I still feel like **** for it...never thought I'd be the kind of guy that would cheat on a serious relationship (we'd been together for 6 years, but thats a whole 'nother story). I look around when I'm pissed off and see targets all over the place, but regardless I just can't bring myself to act on it....

Like I said, I don't think she's cheating on me, but I'm sure there's plenty of suckers out there who've thought the same thing.... :-/

so i was going to try to help till i heard the AF firefighter joke.. but right now im currently in iraq as a AF firefighter and by far the busyest fire dept in the DOD right now. from fighter fires to buildings flat out busy as ****. but thats becides the point ive also noticed since im a week out that the past few weeks have been tough but were making it though i think just the wind down adds the stress and they dont realize it.. just hang tough and everything will be alright when you get back there

I guess I realized a while back that she's crazy, but I got too much **** at her house to walk right now. 38 days til I get home... I can really put up with just about anything for 38 days til I can make sure my stuff is safe and then proceed accordingly.

LOL Been there too. Treaded lightly until I got my stuff sorted out then said adios.

If you think she's crazy, I'd lay low until you get home, recover your stuff, and bail out. Crazy chicks will seriously jack up a career. And life in general.

so i was going to try to help till i heard the AF firefighter joke.. but right now im currently in iraq as a AF firefighter and by far the busyest fire dept in the DOD right now. from fighter fires to buildings flat out busy as ****. but thats becides the point ive also noticed since im a week out that the past few weeks have been tough but were making it though i think just the wind down adds the stress and they dont realize it.. just hang tough and everything will be alright when you get back there

:DYou must be at JBB then? I didn't think there were any of you left, thought it was all contracted out now?? Congrats on being a week out! Sorry for the cheap shot :hehe:

Anywho, I was referring to the 4-month deployment length, not the job. Although, I guess at the time her ex would have deployed, ALL AF deployments were probably still 4 months.

Just get out of there. . . hope you did. Curious what happened. I have had friends get home and all their stuff was gone from the house and they were locked out.

Hey man, been in your shoes. Ride it out till you get home, if you cant fix it pack your stuff and leave. As kong as shes not takin your money. This tour i've found me a decent girl, but my battle next to me in the tent got married before we left and she preceded to blow all his money. Came home on leave to get divorced. Not a fun time. Ride it out man. I've been there, its much easier to figure out what you wanna do once youre home

See.... That makes things easier. You can walk. She knows this. If you are getting the signs...walk.

Beer.

Thanks for the service. I like my freedom. :Cheer:

I agree with Snedge. She has shown by her past that she can't handle the deployments. If you extend your deployment there will be no saving it anyways.

I think my old man said it best, "Son, if we were out hunting in the woods, and I saw a bear trap that you were about to step in...wouldn't you want me to tell you about it?"

Point in case, don't make a bad decision and hang on. You'll be miserable. I'd let her ride... Live life and don't get married til your around 30. Just my nickels worth

Like I said, I don't think she's cheating on me, but I'm sure there's plenty of suckers out there who've thought the same thing.... :-/

I was married to the most wonderful woman on the planet, fat dumb and happy. I just caught mine cheating in Nov. I'm not on extended deployments, but I am gone 4 nights a week. She was going to bars with OUR friends, not answering when I called. Not calling or sending a text letting me know she was home, etc.....

Sorry man, but your girl is most likely cheating. Get out now, suck up the pain and move on. It doesn't get any better for you. :doh::nail:

lol, deployments are the first step to a divorce.

On my last trip to afghan, every member of my squad was cheated on.... mine cheated with another member of my home unit.

Last edited:
Back