Relentless ...

KillerQuad

M. Tyler Moore
Since mentioning the Relentless Arctic Air in the other thread and causeing a POOP Storm i figured i would bring it out here and start a new thread on them only ...

I am a Tower and luv to play for poops and giggles....

I pull a 34' 5th wheel .. (See Pic)
TysCameraNov06-1015.jpg

But i still want to have the ability to run the Crap outta my truck on the strip ... and maybe just maybe hook to a sled once in a great long while ... but my truck will be more for towing that trailer and my quads to all my races and still have fun on tuesday nights at the strip ....

But the Arctic Airs look like they would be great for me ... BUT ... does relentless also have all the fuelilng options that i would need for my project if i wanted to go that route ... or would that stuff have to come from someone else.... i tend to like to stick with one company when i go with a product ... it simplifies all the problems for later ...

and all this drive pressure talk, would it effect what i want to do or would it just effect the big HP hounds ... and not so much me ... my truck will stay a FUEL truck only ....

also, i dont really want to run STUDs on my truck, so will this set up force me to go that route... i have heard of many of the CRs running 50+ psi and being fine with the stock heads...

and last but not least... who would i contact for any of these items or talk to about maybe getting more info ...????

Thanks in advance ...

Tyler

Yea... the guy helping me with my build has been pointing me towad a 62?/14 ... II turbo ....

I guess we will see when the time comes.... Like always ...

im in the same boat, except i dont really do that much towing. i'd like to stick with fuel only but if need be i will run nitrous, and dont want to have to switch to a different charger setup just to do so. i know RC Cox is running a super 40 and the 3b instead of the stocker with a 3b. i have access to a s300g (aka bd super b) that would probably make for a better top charger, except some fab work is probably req'd, bc its for a gen 2. the price of II's chargers are scary, is this a you get what you pay for deal, or what? who has experience and numbers to give us some help here?

feelmecummin said:
im in the same boat, except i dont really do that much towing. i'd like to stick with fuel only but if need be i will run nitrous, and dont want to have to switch to a different charger setup just to do so. i know RC Cox is running a super 40 and the 3b instead of the stocker with a 3b. i have access to a s300g (aka bd super b) that would probably make for a better top charger, except some fab work is probably req'd, bc its for a gen 2. the price of II's chargers are scary, is this a you get what you pay for deal, or what? who has experience and numbers to give us some help here?
those high dollar II turbos are used by some very big names in this sport, probably because they work very well.........

KillerQuad said:
Yea... the guy helping me with my build has been pointing me towad a 62?/14 ... II turbo ....

I guess we will see when the time comes.... Like always ...

I have an II PS62/14 and it tows great. It spools slower than stock with the 14 housing, but once it lights, hold on. I ran a load of hay across the state a while back and grossed around 24-26K and set the cruise on 70. EGTs ran about 1050-1100 the whole time. So for a toy trailer, it should work great....and a whole lot easier to bolt on than twins....however, I like twins....especially blonde twins....

feelmecummin said:
i'm not doubting how well they work, im saying they are almost 2x the price of relentless twins
:hehe: come on man, relentless is using a stock turbo, i can get those all day for a $100, and the ht3bt they use is availible for around $600, brand new-----this is no joke.

when you buy from II your getting the best they can make, not a twin mock up set with a stock turbo, thats not good for more than 500hp reliably at best.IMOLOL

guess i will just have to stick to my hair dryer feeding my leaf blower feeding a big brother idea:umno: :hehe:

Artic Air Twins

Chris told me in an e-mail 2 weeks ago he is NO longer offering his Artic Air twins, fyi.

However, Nathan at Idaho CTD does a similar setup.

thats interesting, i wonder if a new set of twins is in the works or what? i'd like to see someone make the dodgezilla and s4 into a cheap set of twins

4x4dually said:
I have an II PS62/14 and it tows great. It spools slower than stock with the 14 housing, but once it lights, hold on. I ran a load of hay across the state a while back and grossed around 24-26K and set the cruise on 70. EGTs ran about 1050-1100 the whole time. So for a toy trailer, it should work great....and a whole lot easier to bolt on than twins....however, I like twins....especially blonde twins....

Interesting.... how much fuel did you put to it on SPOOL UP.... or is it just the fact that it wont spool up quite as quick ... with my truck on the Smarty 90 hp and 130 hp settings my stock turbo STAYS LIT ... and i wonder with a good tranny behind it all if i could get ride of a lot of the TQ MANGT. and get something like a 62/14 to spool as quick as a Stock with Fuel behind it ...

OH ... and i only gross around 18k to MABYE 20K when i fill up the Fresh Water tank and have more than just my quad in the back .... Im going off the fact that my truck is around 8ish and my trailer DRY off the showroom is 7200 ... so put all my Gear and Quad and tools and coolers and STUFF in it and i am guessing around 10K is what the trailer comes out too ... water, its only got a 60 gallon tank and i dont ever fill'er up .... most it have ever had was around 40 gallons in it ....

How did the 62/14 do for everyday grocery go getting..???
What Programer or Module were you useing with it ...???

:thankyou2:

PS... i maybe have came across the ability to get some ATS stuff too .... What is your thought in the ATS Boat ... A5k or A3K << Sounds better for me ...???

Last edited:
DIESEL POWER said:
:hehe: come on man, relentless is using a stock turbo, i can get those all day for a $100, and the ht3bt they use is availible for around $600, brand new-----this is no joke.

when you buy from II your getting the best they can make, not a twin mock up set with a stock turbo, thats not good for more than 500hp reliably at best.IMOLOL
Dude why you knockin someone else's products that are proven to work.Chris's set up is good to 600 hp with no problems.Its a simple cost effective reliable twin set up for people that don't like wasting money.

CC12V said:
Dude why you knockin someone else's products that are proven to work.Chris's set up is good to 600 hp with no problems.Its a simple cost effective reliable twin set up for people that don't like wasting money.

:Cheer:

killerquad, if you are interested in fast spool a 62/14 would be a good charger
i believe that the aurora 2k is a 57mm wheel, same as the bd super b turbo. a a3k is more between a 64/14 and a 62/14, its got a 63 wheel and would probably work quite well for your setup

feelmecummin said:
killerquad, if you are interested in fast spool a 62/14 would be a good charger
i believe that the aurora 2k is a 57mm wheel, same as the bd super b turbo. a a3k is more between a 64/14 and a 62/14, its got a 63 wheel and would probably work quite well for your setup

:thankyou2:

Back