Remove leveling kit?

bleedcummins

On my 02 I just got a 2.5" leveling spacers up front, by removing them would dropping the front back to stock height do anything for my et?

And how about a reverse level? Help time/speed at all?

I think that combined with using smaller more race oriented tires is where it's at. Not sure if the small height itself is going to make a huge difference as far as aerodynamics goes, probably not until higher speeds are reached. If you're serious about racing I'd definitely get the leveling kit off of there.

Ok. I'm running 17x9 xd wheels with 285/75/17 toyo at2 now, going to go to 20's, and either 420s or kuhmo's in a 305/50/20

You're moving in the wrong direction to go faster. Leveling kit or no, bigger tires won't help. Even going to a set of 420's

the 305/50/20 is 40lbs per tire according to nitto website, and my 285/75/17 toyo at2 are 65 lbs per tire according to toyo. I understand the bigger wheels would weigh more, but im also looking for a street/strip look for the truck. ive talked to guys who run a 7.779 1/8th (about 12.1 1/4) and trying to figure out how to drop the next .5 off my time to get in that area. (running same box, mine has 357/475 and 7x.012, he has single s467.7 and 6x.013)

and im completely new to racing, so im just trying to learn how to set it up for street/strip. want it to look like a street/strip truck, but also run quick 1/4mile, for a vp truck

I'd say run whatever you think looks the best, then turn up the power some. Or do some suspension mods to launch the thing properly. Caltracs, rear leaf removal, good adjustable shocks. And then there is always nitrous...

What sort of 60' times are you seeing on your best 12.6 runs? 1.75 to 1.80 I assume?

Also, what are your typical split times at the 1/8th mile both ET and MPH? That will help you determine if you're losing power in the higher RPM range or if you're consistent throughout the run. If you're losing power in the upper rpm range, shorter tires will not help.

60' was 1.782 1/8th was 8.001 at 86.28. 1/4 was 12.606 at 106.21.

Does the 60' seem slow or about right?

Your 60' and 1/8th times are really close to my daily driver's 12.640 @ 105.74 MPH time slip:

1.779 - 60'
8.015 @ 85.24 MPH

I think my truck has 12.50's in it with better launch/takeoff via tuning tire pressure, launch psi, etc. However, it's my daily driver and I feel zero need to spend the time and risk parts breakage to eek out another 1/10th of a second. If I want my daily to go faster, I'll add more fuel to make more power.

So my recommendation to you is to add more power. If you think you're fuel limited and don't want to try bigger injectors, try adding water/methanol injection since it's another fuel source. If you have fuel left to burn, put a billet compressor wheel on the S475 or add a shot of nitrous.

Back