Replacement turbo for P-pumped 24v

Snake

40 lug nuts
I'll apologize in advance for not speaking Cummins.....

Have a buddy that owns a Fummins and the turbo had a catastrophic failure. He's looking for a nice replacement, most likely used.

What would be a good choice? The truck is a daily driver on 38" tires and the motor is p-pumped and has marine injectors.

Anyone have a suitable replacement?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

No doubt. And as is usually the case, funds are limited and he'll have to live with the current injectors for the time being.

Basically he's looking for something that makes good power and isn't laggy. He won't be setting any et records riding on 38's.....

so he wants.........

something free
spools great
makes 500 hp
and is a direct bolt on

when you find it ill buy 4

A Super40 will support 500 hp...but it'll be toasty and they don't come free.

No one said free. :hehe:

But he doesn't want to spend $3000 either. His target price is under $1000. And I know he doesn't want to go back to a stock turbo.

He has some ideas about what would be a good fit for his application, but I offered to do some digging for him. I know that the folks here could make the best recommendations and may have a used turbo for sale. That and buying from someone here is generally more safe than buying from a random third party.

Last edited:
174430 s300g

Borg warner. A step up from stock and under 1000.00

i got a 177283 Borg box turbo (63/68) and a custom cut .85a/r T3 non-wastegated housing cut for the 68mm wheel shipped to my door for around $1100... then had a buddy make an adaptor from the 6bolt outlet of the housing to my Hx40 downpipe...

i'm sure you could order same turbo ($780 i beleive) and have a .80a/r T3 wastegated housing that has the Hx40 outlet cast onto it (no screwin around) for a decent price if you talked to E.D or Forced Inductions.

be into a turbo $2000 or less, then get some injectors.

174430 s300g

Borg warner. A step up from stock and under 1000.00

do this

i got a 177283 Borg box turbo (63/68) and a custom cut .85a/r T3 non-wastegated housing cut for the 68mm wheel shipped to my door for around $1100... then had a buddy make an adaptor from the 6bolt outlet of the housing to my Hx40 downpipe...

i'm sure you could order same turbo ($780 i beleive) and have a .80a/r T3 wastegated housing that has the Hx40 outlet cast onto it (no screwin around) for a decent price if you talked to E.D or Forced Inductions.

be into a turbo $2000 or less, then get some injectors.

not this

or get a box stock BW s362 and a t4 exhaust adapter

Back