Retro solutions 55w HID

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
After 3-4 weeks of very frustrating problem solving trying to figure out why my ballasts weren't working we finally got all the bugs worked out and WOW. This is a modification that everyone should do. I gotta realign my lights but even as off as they are it's a huge difference in brightness.

Been hearing a lot of problems from them lately.

I've even wanting some hids for a while. Probably just going to get them for my fogs and leave the others halogen.

We never figured the problem out. The passenger side popped one ballast, then one side quit working but still tested good. All voltages and ohms were dead on where they needed to be. They sent me two new ballasts and everything is working fine so far so I don't know what's going on. All I know is that they have been great to deal with.

4c21bc80.jpg

55w 6000k hid low beams.

I hear they help fuel milage too.

Epically posted via Tapatalk...

Touche' LOL

How much on coming traffic do you estimate will drive into a ditch trying to get away from the sunlight eminating from the front of you truck??

I'm hoping all of them LOL

I worked on aiming them and got them pretty dang close to factory eyeballing them. Next time I'm at my folks I'll head to the barn and line em up per the manual.

Touche' LOL

How much on coming traffic do you estimate will drive into a ditch trying to get away from the sunlight eminating from the front of you truck??

cliff likes this comment

I laughed. Well worded. Sounded smart and smart ass simultaneously.

Touche' LOL

LOL That's why I would only get fogs if I get some. Then I could turn them on as needed

I also have the 55w fogs. I went with the 5k's

I also had an issue with mine after only a couple of days, passenger side stopped working. Todd sent out a new balast and I ordered a longer harness. Plugged everything in and they have been working fine now for about a month. Todd said the balast was locked out of operation or something.

If anyone orders from Todd make sure you specify you want a longer harness. The one they send out sux. The wires are not long enough to mount everything nicely, I guess the wire tech guy at retro must like to do his wiring get to style.

Overall after the frustrations I love them. Makes a huge difference with my projectors.

Back