Rev max 850

megatron

This right here tops it off. REV MAX Transmission has finally broke my crank on my 2012 6.7 Cummins. Broke my fly wheel a couple weeks ago. Broke the carrier bearing clear off the frame 2 weeks ago. Broke the billet input shaft a couple months ago and sevaral other conponents in it. And last fall destroyed 5th and 6th gear. The shifting is so hard that I can't literally explain it. They, (they being Frank), at REV MAX will not own up to it. Enough is enough. To anybody out there with a Rev max transmission or anybody planning on getting one, this is your fair warning.

What in the hell? That's just some crazy shiat right there.

Yes a dyno proven 544hp daily driven 4dr dually street/farm/trailer towing truck

Is this in a street truck?

Yes, this is in his daily driver. The 68RFE is not suppose to be a hard shifting transmission even as a built transmission. I had a built 68RFE and every once in a while it would shift hard into 5th. I believe it was the ATS Co-Pilot causing the problems. I've been following Jason's problems and he has held up his end of the deal with Revmax. Even changed his tuning to Frank's recommended tuner! Hopefully this gets resolved and sorry for your troubles.

Yes a dyno proven 544hp daily driven 4dr dually street/farm/trailer towing truck

And I'm not asking to say you're wrong but just to ask... How can we point all of this damage to the transmission?

This right here tops it off. REV MAX Transmission has finally broke my crank on my 2012 6.7 Cummins. Broke my fly wheel a couple weeks ago. Broke the carrier bearing clear off the frame 2 weeks ago. Broke the billet input shaft a couple months ago and sevaral other conponents in it. And last fall destroyed 5th and 6th gear. The shifting is so hard that I can't literally explain it. They, (they being Frank), at REV MAX will not own up to it. Enough is enough. To anybody out there with a Rev max transmission or anybody planning on getting one, this is your fair warning.

Was the flex plate billet? This has to be the first billet input on a 68rfe I've ever heard of.

I knew the Revmax 1000 shifted hard due to the really high pressure and the way the vb is set up but not an 850.

Were you running the H&S Overdrive trans tuning?

Thats a little extreme. Thats alot of broken stuff for that much power.

For tuning I've used it all. Custom mcc tuning by Ryan milliken, regular h&s tuning with overdrive unlock, efi live tuning by Ben Shadday, and rev max exclusive tuner jonathan at higher power performance. No matter what tuning it still slams hard.

A mutual agreement was made. I get my money back and core, they get their transmission back. Done deal.

Back