Reverse light neutral wire help

inline6power

more hp than you
OK got the nv5600 out and the 47re with pcs standalone done a couple of weeks ago. Love it by the way. The only thing that does not work is the backup lights or a neutral safety setup. What wires do I need to splice in and where to get my backup lights working? Don't care about neutral safety just yet but being I have an aftermarket bed, I really need my backup lights to work again. Thanks

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk

The reverse lights are handled by the plug/switch combo on the passenger side rear of the 5600, you are going to have to find the corresponding plug on the auto, most likely it will be on the shift linkage or VB, then it's just running the wires. On these trucks the plug activates a relay for reverse lights IIRC, has to do with the reverse light part of the trailer wiring.

Clutch safety will become your neutral/park safety, should be the same as the reverse and attach on the shift linkage/VB.

I am guessing somewhat here, I don't own an auto and haven't had to dig into one with any issues in that area, hopefully I didn't just tell you stuff you already knew LOL

The reverse lights are handled by the plug/switch combo on the passenger side rear of the 5600, you are going to have to find the corresponding plug on the auto, most likely it will be on the shift linkage or VB, then it's just running the wires. On these trucks the plug activates a relay for reverse lights IIRC, has to do with the reverse light part of the trailer wiring.

Clutch safety will become your neutral/park safety, should be the same as the reverse and attach on the shift linkage/VB.

I am guessing somewhat here, I don't own an auto and haven't had to dig into one with any issues in that area, hopefully I didn't just tell you stuff you already knew LOL
Sweet. Thank you

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk

Back