Right gear for pulling

Dougal

Hey all my buddy and I are new to pulling and I have a couple questions for you guys.

I've searched on here and haven't found the answers I'm looking for. So if this has been talked about before.

Truck is a 98 SCLB 12V it has BD tow twins in it right now, II 100hp injectors, laser cut delivery valves, BD second biggest fuel plate, 60lbs valve spring, head studs, southbend clutch, traction bars, 3.54 gears, NV4500.

Leave in low range for the t-case.

My questions are what gear should he leave in and what rpm? Do to the fact that it's not a auto gonna have to pick a gear and stay in it.

Thanks your guys help is greatly appreciated.

Mac.

What kind of south bend clutch? Double?, Triple?

My answer regardless is 4th low, Floor it, sidestep clutch.

I believe it's a double? It's rated for 500hp.
I know it's not going to survive long and he's not worried about.

Not quite side step the clutch but we say half a turn of the tires and be off the clutch. 3.54s are high depending on tire size. If it won't pull 4th low pull 2nd hi but better chance of breaking 2nd gear. Side note where are you pulling most places if you have twins you're going to be required to have full safety equipment and pull with the big boys.

Ok we'll try that.
I think his tire size is 33x12.50x16.
We are pulling up in Canada, not sure what class they are going to put us in? Classes up here are different then in the US. I know more about the classes in the US then in Canada, not saying that I know a lot about US classes just more then up here. If where pulling with the big boys we are probably going to have our butts handed to us haha. But you gotta start some where.

Back