Rim and Tire options for 4wd for the track?

Runninlean

Say When racing
I have been thinking about getting a set of rims and tire for the track. I have a Ram 2500 QC rough wieght of 7500 lbs with driver and I am currently running 305/55/20 Toyo A/T's and having trouble getting them to hook with my current set up. I really dont care what wheel size more worried about matching them to good set of tires. I would like some that I could safely drive back and forth to the track on if I want to but can handle swaping them at the track.

What are some of yall doing fire tire combos on streetable trucks?

I have been running in the 10's with Falken STZ-04 305 50 r20's

I have been running in the 10's with Falken STZ-04 305 50 r20's

Thanks Mork! Is your truck streetable and if so do you drive with these same tires or swap them at the track? Granted Im sure hauling and or pulling a load with them is out of the question if you do run them on the street?

Oh yeah, totally streetable. I havent driven my truck much on the street lately, but I used to all the time. I have towed 5th wheels with these tires and everything. Very happy with them. I am now exceeding their capabilities, but I am trying to squeeze by on them one more season

What's your tire pressure at and what are you running for times? I'd think what you have would work fine? Maybe go down to a smaller tire and wheel. I picked up some 305/70/17's and they hooked real good. Drove them all over the place. If you're not going to tow with them I'd just make sure they were rated for at least 2500+ lbs. a piece (little safety margin). Those ones I picked up are like 2998 IIRC.

So are you blowing the at's off then?

Just a little back ground info on my setup. I have run 12.1's before the twins on the bottle and that was blowing the tires off on the launch on 35 psi on the rear and 38 psi on the front. (100hp shot comes in at 20psi boost leaving on 15 psi and I also have Caltracs) I am currently running 12.6's on fuel only with the twins (with a good hook on launch) I was unable to make any passes on the bottle as my feed hose blew. I plan on adjusting the boost lvl to 25 psi before it sprays but I am expecting around mid 11's (or better)when all said and done.

10" rims. When I race they are down to 22 psi. I have tried at 18, but didnt notice any difference in launch.

Back