rockwell 15-120 axle ,any experience with it ?

This is off topic but has anyone thought about using a Dana S135 out of an f-550 superduty for a rear axle. And would it hold up in a 2.6 truck?

Maybe but what kind of parts are available for them.

It seems like parts for Rockwells are easy to come by. Why not go with something that's easy to find parts for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is off topic but has anyone thought about using a Dana S135 out of an f-550 superduty for a rear axle. And would it hold up in a 2.6 truck?

I thought about using my f550 for sled pulling with a 14.250 ring gear it's fairly stout rear axle with decent sized axle shafts, parts availability is iffy unless your looking to run 4:88 and up then there's the limited availability of lockers.

Kecks machine has a full spool available and can also make a mini spool with any spline for about $500. I was thinking since it's a lower gvw rating it may be lighter, we are going to try one and see what happens. The ring and pinions cost more but several seem to be available with 4.88 for a reasonable price. Or weld on some f106 spindles and run any hub and axle combo u want to.

Hubs, spindles, axles, and spools

I have hubs, spindles, axles and mini spools in stock for the sqhd, 20-145, and f106

Give me a call or text for pricing. Currently offering a discount on all November orders.

Thanks
Cory Keck
Keck's Machine

https://www.facebook.com/Kecksmachine/

Attachments

• 20-145 dually.jpg
    20-145 dually.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
  • f106 spindle.jpg
    f106 spindle.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 6 bolt + 8 bolt 106 hubs.jpg
    6 bolt + 8 bolt 106 hubs.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 0
Give Todd at TRB a call 616 875 7673. I will be running his semi-floater setup on my SQHD. Its actually lighter than welding on 106 spindles and then bolting up up hubs. Actually building mine as well as two others for local guys in a couple of weeks. Todd has got the spools, CNC billet centers and all the goodies! He does top notch work. Just throwing it out there.

Back