rockwell

jorge289

Im building a sled puller and im woundering at what point in time do i need to move into rockwell axles? I have a 14 bolt rear now and i want to run pulling tires. will this axle live? the motors a 12v cummins, balanced, studs all the way around, fire ringed head and block, girdel, haisely truck pull cam, valve clearnsed piston, custom intake, 5x20s injectors. 13mm p-pump 5 grand rev kit. south bend iron gaint clucth with an nv5600 tran and a 205 t case.

That transfer case is going to give up before anything. Better look into that before a rockwell

what class you going to be pulling in and where???? If you are alowed to run a rockwell...you may as well jump up to a drop box also! You may be able to find an older Drop box with the 1" gears on RacingJunk or Pull-off and run it in place of the 205 (I take it your running a divorced case???) Even new you can get the 1" gear unit for less than 2K.

Im out of billings mt, we are just geting sled pulling going around here. So are classes and rules are very open. my t-case is married

Im out of billings mt, we are just geting sled pulling going around here. So are classes and rules are very open. my t-case is married

Okay...not to sound like a hard ass but do your self and the rest of the guys a favor and keep it 1-ton or less for at least a few years if you can...it will keep the new guys comming in! Honestly, I don't see the need for a F106 for at least a few years. What are your tracks like?

Okay...not to sound like a hard ass but do your self and the rest of the guys a favor and keep it 1-ton or less for at least a few years if you can...it will keep the new guys comming in! Honestly, I don't see the need for a F106 for at least a few years. What are your tracks like?

Yea very good advice, they have an open driveline class around here and it really isn't growing, it is such a large initial investment to get into the class.

i agree we have a couple of trucks around here that run pretty well. so there is talk of a new class to move them up and let the sport grow

Problem is unless you have 6-8 trucks that are ready to move up your not growing the sport its in your and the rest of the guys out there to set a good set of say 2.6 or 2.8 rules once you have that for few years then look at moving those big trucks up to a new class but moving one or 2 trucks up is only going to hurt the sport in your area. I say stay with the 1 ton driveline from memory the tracks out there aren't very good

Problem is unless you have 6-8 trucks that are ready to move up your not growing the sport its in your and the rest of the guys out there to set a good set of say 2.6 or 2.8 rules once you have that for few years then look at moving those big trucks up to a new class but moving one or 2 trucks up is only going to hurt the sport in your area. I say stay with the 1 ton driveline from memory the tracks out there aren't very good

You could allow open driveline, but let it be a 2.8 no water class. Keep it tame. Get 12 trucks or so in that class then maybe allow water and go to 3.0, and adopt a 2.6 or something. Some of them will drop, some will go up.

Yea good point but something we ran into after we allowed open drive line was guys didn't want to run with us anymore and the numbers really dropped because they said they couldn't compete with us

heres the sled we use and a copy of the rules rollinthundersled.com the sled was built here in town and the guy did a very nice job building it

I agree with all the points after my last post! Honestly, the best thing your organization out there can do is start with matching rules to the 2.6 or 2.8 class in the mid west and run like that and DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...

We have ran into a big problem up here (my own opinion)....where the class started out with a bunch of rules for the then local class (2002-2003) and soon after became a sanctioned diesel class (Pro-Street) The problem was, that right off the bat we where a few years behind the guys in the Mid West and from year to year the trucks evolved really fast to catch up to what was going on down south....As the trucks evolved, so did the class. The class has now come to the point that it is no longer even close to an entry level class and almost impossible to get into for the young guy starting out (2.8" class with a couple perks but still doesn't allow hanging weights infront of the bumper).

Anyway, with all that being said...the numbers are smaller than ever before and there is an out cry at most pulls for a smaller, easier to get into class but the issue now is trying to convince the actual organizations to accept another diesel truck class in an organization that is run by Gasser truck and Tractor guys...not an easy thing to convince them of!!!

So, with that being said...start small, keep the small class and let those that want to jump up to something bigger have the choice to do so....don't make the guy starting out think he needs to run a drop box and a rockwell just to compete!

Ryan

the motor in that thing is set in the middle of the chassis. It does not fall into any rule category. has something like 6.20? or something gears in it.

this is tim diesel extreme it his mud truck coil overs al the way around, motor sits next to him. twins nv4500 4:10 gears 24v and it dominates around here it dynos ever year 550hp but it put it to the ground it pulld against the red cr thats been in all the magazines claiming a 1000hp and out puld that guy by 50ft in black foot idaho, its funny everyone pulls there truck out on the track then starts it he sits in the staging lanes running with the heater on lol

this is tim diesel extreme it his mud truck coil overs al the way around, motor sits next to him. twins nv4500 4:10 gears 24v and it dominates around here it dynos ever year 550hp but it put it to the ground it pulld against the red cr thats been in all the magazines claiming a 1000hp and out puld that guy by 50ft in black foot idaho, its funny everyone pulls there truck out on the track then starts it he sits in the staging lanes running with the heater on lol

the truck falls into NO class.

The first run on that red truck he clutched it when the flagger stopped him. Your first run was all you had. That red cr has a filled block, NO water in it. He came back 30 minutes later to re-hook since they declared a pulloff. I can tell you what happened to the motor in that truck

By the way, please use spell check and a few punctuation marks.

Last edited:
you should see this truck play in the snow with 49 in tires [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOJ1m8BJNH8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOJ1m8BJNH8&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
your just mad because that cr truck was built to sled pull and it was beat by a mud racer. With a stock cam and still runs a vp pump. By the way that truck took 2nd place in a baja race 2 week after blackfoot, and 5th place in tuff truck comp last week.

I don't think he is mad but just stating the facts that if that truck came any were else in the country that it would be put back on the trailer because it doesn't fit any rules any were. For instance the motor must be in stock location. When you start allowing stuff like that to run the chance of getting a set of rules that make sence is "slim to none" unless those kind of trucks are made to run exh until they have enough trucks to make a RWYB type class. Which it sounds like that's all that's up there. It will upset a couple people but in the long run its what is best for the sport out there if you all are serious about being competitive at some point on a national level.

Back