roll pans

2000_fummins

jack of all master of few
Since it's a fairly cheap upgrade to do to my truck I figured I would give it a go. I remembered from doing one on my 02 f250 that I had to drop the hitch some so it would clear.

Trucks 07 dodge 2500

Looking at metal vs plastic, my question is which roll pans can you get that you don't have to touch the hitch? I'll even pay a little more if need be

I ran a metal lmc pan with a street scene hitch.
Problem 1, the flange for the pan wasn't bent quite right, which sucks.
2. You have to move the hitch forward and try the pan for it to fit.
3. Every time you step out of the back of the truck onto the bumper that isn't there you fall haha.

I have an lmc roll pan on my 05. As far as the hitch I just cut the round tubing off the stock mounts and welded a piece of 3" square tubing between them. I then welded a new receiver on the bottom of the 3" tubing and added some bracing. Doing this brought the hitch far enough back to clear the pan and up enough so the receiver can be accessed through the square behind the license plate

I have a steel pan and built a hitch from scratch. No way a stock hitch could be modified. I'll try to find pictures

I have an lmc roll pan on my 05. As far as the hitch I just cut the round tubing off the stock mounts and welded a piece of 3" square tubing between them. I then welded a new receiver on the bottom of the 3" tubing and added some bracing. Doing this brought the hitch far enough back to clear the pan and up enough so the receiver can be accessed through the square behind the license plate

Have any pics? I have been thinking about doing the same thing

I have an 06 and is their any way to have a hitch and also fit the spare tire?

Stockguy61 yes but the hitch has to be below the roll pan not behind it. I made my hitch fit tight against the bottom of the roll pan and still have a spare tire. As you crank up spare you have to hook it on top of the hitch tho but not a big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back