rotomaster turbos??? 75mm 1.34a/r t6 flange?

BigBadDually

im looking to twin my truck and need to do it on a budget. so the plan was to buy a ht3b and stick it under the hx35.
Now there is a brand new Rotomaster 75mm 1.34a/r with a t6 flange, i cant find any info on these turbos, what do you guys think?

s475 are fairly cheap and they are borg warner products..........not sure how cheap is cheap for these rotomasters

somewhere I saw a nice s480 w race cover, new being offered at 950, thats a good deal imho............ rotomaster ? never heard of em.

Unless you are shooting for something north of 800hp, leave the S480 alone too. Bigger is not better unless the need and fuel are there to match. I see alot of 600 to 700hp trucks with s480's and it's kind of a shame really.

they had kits back in the 70's and early 80's

they were actually used in a number of aviation applications. you still see them now and then

Unless you are shooting for something north of 800hp, leave the S480 alone too. Bigger is not better unless the need and fuel are there to match. I see alot of 600 to 700hp trucks with s480's and it's kind of a shame really.

Excellent advice right there...:Cheer:

$300 for the turbo.
but i cant find any info on it, no idea how big the exhaust housing is.
the part number a101601n and serial number is 32121.
cant find it on the rotomaster site. i know they have a plant in vancouver bc but everything is cast in china. seems like all there applications are for semi's.

just wondering if anyone can tell me if it would spool good? or should i just walk away from it and pick up a ht3b? :bang

I saw a ht3b that was rebuilt on Cummins forum for like $350 or something. Assuming it really was rebuilt and it fits your specs that seemed like a good deal. I dont have the link but im sure you could find it. It was under the 98.5-2002 parts for sale section.

spool is dependent on the exhaust housing size and ext wheel size etc. you know that

chinesium is up to you if you want to run it

heck for 300 you could blow a few up and be the same price as a BW

i should mention i am only looking to make 450hp, i tow a 10,000# trailer often but still want to have fun when im unloaded.

Back