RPM, spray angle, bowl design

Good stuff Hamilton, so I take it you know where the old 3/4 race cam originated then I see, Ed Winfield. I am only 26 but I am always reading about the performance gurus of the early days! Thank you for reminding me the technicality of velocity, somewhere along the lines of rapidity of acceleration and direction.

I will just sit back and keep thinking now, I ran outta snack again so I will have to get those first.

Yes, I have the 3/4 race cam story on tape. I always made fun of people that said that, but at a certain point in motorsports, it was a legitimate nomenclature.

Also, I have seen many ports that flow less, have less volume, but make MUCH more power. If flow is similar, even if not super close, I want the head with more intake speed and better low lift flow every time.

Last edited:
At some point, Id imagine you get diminishing returns from swirl and the design used to create it impedes performance.
Ive read that some engines use flaps to direct the air into a pattern for optimal swirl at lower rpm, then retract them for higher rpm.
That might be interesting to tinker with on one of these old 12v's.
theres probably a bunch of ways you can add performance and also keep the characteristics that give you economy and low end power. You probably wont get rich on it though.

I tried to do that originally with our head, but like I said the port volume and valve angles were off a good bit from Greg Youngs design. The new revisions will be here next week and should fix the low end response with much higher port speed, but will be able to be ported for the big boys still.

Yes, I have the 3/4 race cam story on tape. I always made fun of people that said that, but at a certain point in motorsports, it was a legitimate nomenclature.

Also, I have seen many ports that flow less, have less volume, but make MUCH more power. If flow is similar, even if not super close, I want the head with more intake speed and better low lift flow every time.

3/4, full race or race 1/4 now that *****en

I'm down with things that are B!tchin, as long as it does not involve a woman yelling at me

Is this Fahlin racing??
fahlinracing.jpg

Yes sir. Thats the Bomber I had built for my sister. I unfortunately didnt get to finish the cage and she ended up not racing since her second season.

I can't even remember where I posted that picture that you just posted now lol Thats when I still lived in Minnesota.

If most focused on the parts/pictures and less on who posted them, they would see a progression.

P1040723.jpg

attachment.php

IMAG0416.jpg

When I get the pistons out of mine Ill probably do the piston skirt and dome coatings. Ive had good results on a couple bikes Ive done.. seems to keep the pistons cooler when I beat the snot out of it.
Water/meth injection is another little safety net, for when you arent watching the gauges close enough. problem is the pumps dont last. Killed another last week.. they seem to leak inside and of course methanol is corrosive.

Back